Audio By Carbonatix
Fresh details have emerged about the expenditure that left veteran actor, Psalm Adjetefio, begging for leftovers despite receiving ¢50,000 from the Vice President, among other donations.
Known for his role in the 'Taxi Driver' hit TV series in the 2000s, T. T., as he was affectionately called, explained that some monies he receives in September, 2021 after his cries over unpaid rent, have been sunk into investments.
He was hopeful this would get him a lot of returns.
Scores of donations poured in from philanthropists, including a notable gesture from Vice President, Mahamudu Bawumia who presented him with ¢50,000 to ease his plight.
Greater Accra Regional Minister, Henry Quartey also committed a monthly ¢1,500 out of his parliamentary salary to ensure his well-being.
However, in a leaked audio circulated on social media on Tuesday, Mr Adjetefio is heard begging for leftovers from a friend over a phone conversation.
“Mrs G, good afternoon; I’m wondering if you would have some leftovers in your kitchen to spare,” he said.
According to him, he has invested the funds that were accrued from these donations, hence his current state.
He added that all other potential donors backed off upon hearing the announcement of the Vice President’s gesture.
Since the story broke, Ghanaians have wondered how he landed in this similar position again.
In reaction to this, T.T. explained that he first bought two plots of land.
"Land has become very expensive now where we stay, and other places too...right now, a plot of land cost ¢30,000; so I got two plots...I paid for one straight away," he told Takoradi-based Empire FM.
He is yet to pay for the second plot, which also costs ¢30,000.
"I’m yet to pay for the other," he added.
He also spent the remaining ¢20,000 on a car for his son to run a taxi business.
"When the Vice President gave me the money, after putting that 30,000 cedis in that plot of land the remaining ¢20,000, I said this is the time for me to do something for my son, so I bought a Ghana-used taxi in a very good condition for him. He has right now registered at a station here [where we are], and he plies that road,” the veteran actor clarified.
Mr Adjetefio felt it was a prudent move as his son had already completed a driving school and was unemployed afterwards.
Meanwhile, in the earlier audio, he further revealed that after receiving the first tranche of the Minister’s donation, the rest is yet to hit his account.
“It came once, and that is all. I was in his office a few days ago, as a follow-up, but I was told he travelled, and they are on leave”.
T. T. currently owes ¢30,000 for the plot of land. It is also unclear what the ¢1,500 donated by the Greater Accra Minister went into.
But from the conversation, it is clear that the veteran actor is in dire need of support once again.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana hosts Kenya, Netherlands, South Africa for talks on turning climate plans into action
7 minutes -
‘Now it’s action, no talking’ – Rent Control cracks whip on hostel operators
10 minutes -
GACC, Save Our Environment Foundation train Tano South residents on corruption and accountability
12 minutes -
MOGMusic to headline Ransomed Ministries Ghana’s Total Worship 2026
16 minutes -
Multimedia Group pays courtesy call on Petrosol ahead of GSE listing
26 minutes -
Gov’t acknowledges unresolved grievances over mining damage, displacement
26 minutes -
Joy FM to host maiden Back-to-School PrayerFest ahead of new academic year
29 minutes -
Ghana must legislate minimum community development obligations for mining companies – Mireku Duker
39 minutes -
GoldBod costs could have been minimised with better planning – Prof. Bokpin
40 minutes -
GoldBod operations imposing losses on BoG balance sheet – Prof Bokpin
44 minutes -
Mining must improve lives in host communities, not just national figures – Presidency
53 minutes -
Nigeria influencer arrested after seizure of cocaine worth $28m destined for the UK
1 hour -
Gender Minister inspects nutrition training for School Feeding caterers in Northern Region
1 hour -
GoldBod to fund rehabilitation of six water treatment plants affected by mining
1 hour -
ORC challenges CSA cybersecurity sanction, says penalty was premature and procedurally unfair
1 hour