Hubtel, a leading payments, quick commerce, and messaging technology company, was the big winner at the Ghana Fintech Awards which took place over the weekend at the Labadi Beach Hotel.
Hubtel picked up five awards, the most by any company on the night of the awards, including the coveted “Fintech Company of the Year” award.
The awards won by Hubtel as a company were IT/Tech Firm of the Year, Fintech Platform of the Year and Fintech Company of the Year.
The others are UI/UX Fintech Company of the Year and Leading Payments Technologies Service Provider of the Year.
The awards is an industry recognition and celebration of Hubtel’s innovative solutions and commitment to providing user-friendly platforms.
They Hubtel serve as a testament to the company’s dedication to driving innovation and promoting financial inclusion in Ghana.
In addition to these awards, the night also saw Elsie Bram, the Head of Quick Commerce at Hubtel, win the “Female Fintech Personality of the Year” award which recognises the achievements of women in the fintech industry.
Elsie has played a pivotal role in the success, development and growth of Hubtel’s “quick commerce” operations which are currently available in Kumasi, Cape Coast, Takoradi, Koforidua, Tamale, Ho, Accra and Tema.
She joined the company in 2007 as the Mobile Campaigns Manager, responsible for the Premium SMS content services. Under her leadership, Hubtel became one of the top three content providers in Ghana.
Throughout her time with Hubtel, she has held several prominent positions, such as Country Marketing Manager and Head of Customer Support.
“We are thrilled to have received these awards, it reflects the hard work and dedication of our entire team,” said Elsie Bram.
“Being recognised by the industry is a great honour and we will continue to strive for excellence in driving innovation in the financial technology sector in Ghana” she added.
Augustine Adjei, Head of Engineering, and Nana Owusu Marfo, Head of User Experience and Marketing, also expressed their joy at the recognition of their contributions to the platform and user experiences on Hubtel.
Arkel Consult and Management Services organised the awards ceremony to acknowledge and celebrate those who have played a significant role in driving last-mile solutions, promoting Ghana’s competitive advantage in the FinTech space, and working towards building a resilient and inclusive financial system for economic growth.
The Ghana FinTech Awards serves as a platform to recognise and appreciate the efforts of those working towards the development of Ghana’s FinTech industry.
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- Directing CID to probe Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ claims could be plot to clear officials of wrongdoing – Dr Apaak
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Afcon 2023: We will ‘play to win’ against Hughton’s Ghana – Angola coach
- Livestream: TikTok CEO testifying before US Congress
- Government expects passage of 3 financial bills laid before Parliament
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- The rising level of air pollution in West Africa
- Livestream: Parliament suspends debate on Akufo-Addo’s new Ministerial appointees
- Energy Ministry isn’t indebted to ECG; there was no disconnection of power supply – Egyapa Mercer
- 6-packs come with a risk of depression
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Government urged to abandon quest for Parliament to pass bills for 3 new taxes