The presidential candidate of the All People’s Congress, Hassan Ayariga, says he will roll out a free tertiary education policy.
According to Mr. Ayariga, this is to complement the Akufo-Addo-led government’s ongoing free Senior High School (SHS) policy.
He disclosed this at the first Akan Presidential Debate, organised by the Adom brands of the Multimedia Group Limited.
He indicated this will help SHS graduates, who for the lack of finance, wouldn’t be able to continue their education do so.
“If we start free education in the Senior High Schools and we stop there, it is going to be disaster if they don’t get tertiary education to continue because you don’t have the money to pay and that will mean a mass drop out,” he said.
Mr. Ayariga further argued that the current free SHS policy has flaws, adding that the next APC government will give it the boost it needs.
“Akufo-Addo’s policy is free and not quality but we don’t have to compromise on free and quality education,” he noted.
As far as executing the promise is concerned, he said his party would have no difficulty fulfilling this promise if it won power as they will harness the country’s resources.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer