Vandals have cut off the nose of a statue of Zlatan Ibrahimovic outside Malmo’s stadium in Sweden.
It is the latest act of vandalism directed at the statue since it was announced that Ibrahimovic had invested in a rival club last month.
Former Sweden striker Ibrahimovic, 38, made his professional debut for Malmo 20 years ago.
The statue’s artist Peter Linde has appealed for people to stop the vandalism.
The former Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris St-Germain and Manchester United player is looking for his next club having left LA Galaxy at the end of the MLS season.
On 27 November it was announced he had bought 25% of the shares in Hammarby, who finished third in this year’s Swedish championship
That same day, the 3.5 metre high bronze structure, commissioned by the Swedish FA and unveiled on 9 October, was sprayed with paint, set on fire and a toilet seat put over its arm. Ibrahimovic’s house in Stockholm was also vandalised, with ‘Judas’ painted on the front door.
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Our June 30th ultimatum still remains – IPPs remind government
- Speaker’s sim card deactivated despite re-registration in Parliament – Sam George
- Europa Conference League final: West Ham boss David Moyes says ‘best is yet to come’
- AngloGold Ashanti rolls out plastic waste management programme
- Technical director Paolo Maldini sacked by AC Milan
- French Open 2023: Djokovic beats Khachanov to reach semi-finals
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- Gonorrhoea and syphilis sex infections reach record levels in England
- ‘People tried to bring a wedge between me and Anin-Yeboah’ – Justice Jones Dotse
- NSMQ 2023: Fijai SHS shines bright, secures spot in Nationals with stellar performance
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- NSMQ 2023: St Mary’s Boys SHS beat Shama SHS to secure National championship spot
- Nogokpo vs Agyinasare: National Peace Council calls for calm
- ‘Ducking hell’ to disappear from Apple autocorrect
- ‘Chemical mango’ video is fake – Federation of Associations of Ghanaian Exporters clears air
- Jason Derulo’s ‘most unsexy’ business investment in a car wash