Lionel Messi surprised everyone with his decision to snub offers from European clubs and Saudi club Al Hilal to join Inter Miami in the Major League Soccer for the next season.
Inter Miami announced the signing with a short video on their Twitter after which the club’s popularity has skyrocketed worldwide. Inter Miami became the most followed MLS side as its followers grew by the second and are still growing rapidly.
TickPick disclosed that the cheapest ticket was sold for $29 ahead of Wednesday evening. Things changed rapidly in 24 hours after the club’s announcement and the cheapest ticket available was reportedly for $544 for Lionel Messi’s probable first match for Miami against Cruz Azul on July 21.
Before Messi’s announcement, Miami had around one million Instagram followers which doubled in just four hours after the announcement. The MLS club now has 4.8 Million Instagram followers which surpassed the most-followed MLS team on Instagram, LA Galaxy, who have 1.5 million followers. This announcement has impacted ticket prices too as Americans are eager to watch the GOAT in action.
On the other side of the coin, Messi’s former club PSG reportedly lost around a million Instagram followers soon after Messi’s exit became evident. A report published by Goal.com claimed that PSG saw their follower count drop by at least 800,000 over the last weekend. Barcelona failed to get Messi because of their financial troubles which forced him to move to the US. The 35-year-old leaves European football with 704 goals and 303 assists in 853 appearances.
- Pastor Eastwood Anaba’s Days of Wonder Conference illuminates Houston
- Volta Regional Gender Department calls for support for women
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protesters defy rains to intensify demonstration
- Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs, EU and SNV Ghana, launches ¢3m Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups Support Fund
- Hanno Barkhoff joins Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra as General Manager
- GRA clears air over allegation of harassment; recovers over ¢104,000 from upfront payments
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: This is why Black Sherif is ‘mad’ at the government
- Vodafone Foundation’s STEM and robotics training elevates young girls in the Western Region
- CIMG Customer Satisfaction Index: Only 5 banks scored above threshold of 98%
- Rumours of jostling for new NDC veep are needless distractions – Prof. Opoku-Agyeman
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle