The Islamic Business Community and Professionals has backed the eight parliamentarians who are pushing for the legislation against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ+) activities in the country.
In a statement, the group described the LGBTQ+ activities as satanic which is against the Holy Quran.
Citing sections from the Holy Book, the Professionals stated that accepting the activities in the country will result to “an impending doom or disaster on our generation and businesses.”
The Group also expressed optimism that since all of Ghana’s religious groups are against the act, the anti-LGBTQ+ bill will be passed.
“We further commend the courage, professionalism and sustained strength of Hon. Samual Nartey George and all those who have worked effortlessly on this bill. Together we shall win.
“We remain committed to protecting the values and norms of our beloved country Ghana,” parts of the statement read.
Below is the full statement:
Statement in Support of the Hon. Sam N. George LGBTQ+ Bill
We are stating for public records our support for the criminalization of the act and advocacy of this morally reprehensible conduct known today as LGBTQ+ on two valid grounds:
1. As committed Muslims, and referencing the Quran as our Holy book, Allah completely prohibits the act and punishes severely individuals or nations who allow such practices to thrive:
“And as for the two of you men who are guilty of lewdness, punish them..” (Quran 4:16), again in another verse, “When our (Allah’s) command came, we turned the city (Sodom) upside down and rained layers upon layers of clay on it.” (Quran 11:83), to add, “And we let rainfall on them. Look how that was the end of the wrongdoers.” (Quran 7:84), and further readings, “He (Lut) said: help me, my Lord, against the people who cause disaster.”
2. As young businessmen and successful professionals, the clarity of impending doom or disaster on our generation and businesses due to this evil and satanic sexual preference and practice of a few is not lost on me and thereby answering duties call to support this bill.
We are certain that, If this bill passes, our generation will continue to have a normal business and human activity for the economic advancement of not only ourselves but that for our families and the country at large, without inviting the anger of Allah, the premise on this despicable act, upon our country in the same manner as those described in the Holy Quran in Sodom.
The scientific proof linking sodomy to the spread of HIV/AiDs and other sexually transmitted diseases constitutes another cristal reason our association supports the above Bill, more so, to guard against exposing the already venerable zongo communities to a greater risk thus diminishing the gains made so far.
On the basis of the above, we unequivocally state our support for the Private Members’ Bill sponsored by some Members of Parliament to criminalized LGBTQ+ activities in Ghana.
We further commend the courage, professionalism, and sustained strength of Hon. Samual Nortey George and all those who have worked effortlessly on this bill. Together we shall win.
We remain committed to protecting the values and norms of our beloved country Ghana.
Islamic Professionals of Ghana.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati