The Minister for Water Resources, Works and Housing, Alban Bagbin has denied reports that hje pledged to solve Ghana’s water problems within 100 days as reported in the Monday edition of the Public Agenda newspaper.
The paper reported that the minister declared that he will fix all water related problems within the first 100 days of his tenure in office.
The paper claimed Mr Bagbin made the declaration at a workshop organised by the Ministry of Water Resources, Works and Housing in Accra last Thursday.
“I am not only experienced in water but also passionate about water and sanitation,” the paper quoted him as saying.
But Alban Bagbin, reacting to the story in an interview with Citi FM denied the publication saying it was humanly impossible to fix the water problem within 100 days.
“What I did say is…In 100 days, I will be coming out with a statement on the current status of the water resource in our country and I will be coming out with the challenges and constraints and in fact proffer a way forward for us. That is where I mentioned 100 days. How could I fix all the water problems within 100 days? It is humanly impossible,” the minister noted.
He said he was saddened by the publication “which is going to take up a bit of our focus on the water in trying to explain whether I said it or I didn’t say it.”
Story by Ernest Dela Aglanu/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Ghana will soon deploy automated traffic policing system – MTTD
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- About 700 residents in Yapei rendered homeless after rainstorm
- Vaccine and safety protocols helping to prevent spread of Covid-19 – GHS
- UEFA and Premier League hit out at European Super League plans amid reports clubs set to announce breakaway
- Ghana Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors swears in new board
- Ghana Mission in Washington, others donate $59,850 to Covid-19 fund
Ghana’s economy to hit $70bn in 2021 – Report
Ghana’s investment climate attractive – Oppong Nkrumah
36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
Joint stakeholder group to examine unethical media content to be setup – Oppong Nkrumah
2 men killed as Tesla without anyone in the driver’s seat crashes into tree and catches fire
Today’s front pages: Monday, April 19, 2021
GIPC to ensure $2.7bn investment yields full benefits
Black Stars Coaches Arrears: Appiah and Akonnor paid combined $213,000
Don’t panic you will get a second Covid-19 vaccines jab as soon as possible – GHS
Cargill to begin ‘Safe Water Access’ project in cocoa-growing communities
Nana Kwadwo Jantuah: Beyond the galamsey dialogue, what next?
Teen charged in killing of 45-year-old Ghanaian Lyft driver in the US
‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
Bawumia is Ghana’s best Vice President – Ama Busia