Audio By Carbonatix
The National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE) has taken its Covid-19 Public Education campaign to the streets of Accra.
The NCCE since March, 2020 has been engaging the citizens of Ghana on the need to stay safe from the Coronavirus pandemic.
The education by the Commission became even more intensified when President Akufo-Addo supported the Commission with some loaned vehicles and funds to educate citizens on Covid-19.
The Commission aside from the usual community outreaches and group engagements were seen on the streets of Accra, educating citizens on Covid-19.
Staff of the Commission was seen holding placards with civic messages on Covid-19 alerting the public to observe the safety protocols to stop the spread of Covid-19 in Ghana.
Messages spotted on the placards includes 'Arrest the spread', 'Comply with Covid-19 protocols', 'Keep your distance, know the signs, stop the stigma', 'Kick out Covid-19', 'Eat a balanced diet', 'The future of Ghana is in my hands, I don’t shake hands',
Others were 'We are all at risk, protect yourself, protect your neighbour', 'Protect yourself and others, wear your face mask', 'It is a face mask, not a chin mask', 'Face mask is for the face not the pocket', 'Mask up properly, stay alert, adjust to the new normal', 'Mask up when you step out, wear you face mask', 'NCCE loves Ghana, Stay safe' among other messages put together by the Commission to aid its public sensitisation drive.
The Commission has so far visited some principal streets of Accra preaching civic messages on Covid-19.
The Chairman of the Commission, Josephine Nkrumah was spotted among the team during one of the Commission’s outreaches in Accra.
Ms. Nkrumah, when approached, told newsmen that even though restrictions on Covid-19 safety protocols have been eased, Ghanaians should not be complacent because the virus is still with us.
‘We at the NCCE are poised to continue with our public education using every available platform to reach out to the people of Ghana.
"As you can see, we are heavily relying on the vehicles that were loaned to us by Government and as well using the pick-ups donated to the Commission by the Covid-19 Trust Fund.
"I have observed that most of us are no longer complying with the safety protocols and this is worrying. We must work to sensitise the people of Ghana to stay safe from Covid-19’, she indicated.
The NCCE took the opportunity to interact with pedestrians and commercial drivers to stay safe to stop the spread of Covid-19.
Latest Stories
-
Blackouts put the lives of Nkawie SHTS students and staff at risk – Headmistress
16 minutes -
People suffering from mental health issues are not cursed – Regional Health Director
24 minutes -
We have no agenda to unseat Lawyer Kwabena Boateng – Ejisu NPP Chairman
27 minutes -
Health authorities warn public against increasing hypertension-related deaths in the Ashanti Region
33 minutes -
5th West Africa Pharma and Healthcare Expo 2026 slated for June 8
34 minutes -
UK banking expert says banks are too profitable; proposes ‘bank tax’, others
38 minutes -
Students of Mantukwa basic forced to study under trees for over a year after rainstorm destroyed classroom block
43 minutes -
“If you insult government, we will take it on board” – Tanko-Computer warns
56 minutes -
Create open African market to accelerate connectivity – Telecel Business Director
2 hours -
Gold Fields Lease Renewal: Why the IEA’s case for resource nationalism fails the reality rest
2 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund unveils ambitious plan to transform sports development nationwide
2 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund to porioritise grassroots sports, talent identification and infrastructure development
2 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund engages stakeholders on revenue mobilisation, transparency and sustainable sports financing
2 hours -
Albert Bondah named Media & PR Manager for 2026 Ghana Comedy Awards
2 hours -
NPP questions Circuit Court 9 ruling in Abronye DC case
2 hours