MP for North Tongu has called on political parties to adopt a virtual campaign strategy as parts of efforts to keep Covid-19 under control.
Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa said political parties have a role to play in the fight against the pandemic by ensuring that their activities to do not cause a hike in the Covid-19 numbers.
“I believe that as political parties, we should take responsibility at our gatherings and ensure social distancing. The irony is we all agree that there are no rallies for this campaign, however, we’ve had political events,” he said.
His comment comes after Samson Lardy Anyenini, host of Newsfile, raised concerns on how people are ignoring the Covid-19 safety protocols while partaking in political activities.
He said politicians are engaging crowds as if Covid-19 is over.
He added that people do not wear their facemasks and do not observe any social distancing while partaking in political activities, however, political parties must show leadership by insisting these protocols are obeyed by all.
Mr Ablakwa also believes education on the need to observe the protocols has been poor, adding that, intensifying education on the the protocols will help reduce the impact.
“It’s a very important matter that you have raised and we have to do more to get our people to comply with the protocols,” he said.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
GNFS begins investigations into fire outbreak at Kumasi Central Market
Ablekuma South has created an enabling environment for business growth – Dr Vanderpuije
Thousands of people evacuated as wildfires spread across Table Mountain in Cape Town
1 dead, others missing after Santoor flood
Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution