Joy Entertainment’s radio and television personality, Doreen Avio and Confidence Haugen, a well-known entrepreneur, have been named hosts of the upcoming Ghana Music Awards UK (GMA-UK 2021), slated for Saturday, October, 9 at the Royal Regency, 501 High Street North London, Manor Park E12 6th UK.
The Ghana Music Awards UK is one of the biggest events being organised to reward and celebrate hardworking Ghanaian musicians across the world.
Organised by Alordia Promotions, the event will be aired live on all social media platforms, including YouTube and Facebook, as well as some selected radio and television stations in the country.
Doreen Avio, who is the co-host for Hitz FM’s late afternoon show ‘Cruise Control’ and ‘Let’s Talk Entertainment’ on Joy News, will host GMA-UK red carpet event between 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm before the main event which will kick off at 9 pm.
Doreen Avio adds to the list of female personalities who have graced the stage of this prestigious international event as emcees.
Though Doreen is not new to emceeing events, she sees doing it on the international stage as a challenge to triumph, save to say she is happy and ready for any challenge.
The organisers say the main event will be hosted by Confidence Haugen, a well-known entrepreneur and Blaque Boy.
Unlike previous awards, this year’s event is aimed at taking Ghanaian music to another level by using the crème de la crème in showbiz to exhibit the rich Ghanaian culture.
In its fifth year, this year’s event which has Kab-Fam Ghana as the headline sponsor will feature performances from by some of the nominees including singer, songwriter, and composer Wiyaala, Afrobeats/Afropop singer Gyakie, Highlife crooner Akwaboah, Kumerica Rappers, Kofi Jamar, Kweku Darlington, YPee and host of others.
UK-based artistes billed to thrill fans at the event include Davidson Band, Reggie N Bollie, Drumz (Atumpan), Andy, Rev. Osei Kofi, Yvonne Asamoah Tawiah, Kay Bryan, Danso Abiam and Mikey Benzy.
The organisers urged patrons of the event to expect a night full of glitz and glamour as well as a memorable experience from both the main show and that of the red carpet as the event celebrates Ghanaian musicians.
Since its existence, Ghana Music Awards UK has delivered world-class music and entertainment experiences to Ghanaians and celebrated the creativity and achievements of talented musicians, through the awards scheme.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities defeat drags Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott