Residents of Asawase in the Asokore Mampong Municipal Assembly have expressed divided opinions over the current Member of Parliament, Muntaka Mubarak and Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) Alidu Seidu.
While a section touted the development projects of MCE, others called him ‘Mr Zero’.
The two are currently contesting for the MP position in at the Asawase constituency in the Ashanti Region.
In an interaction with Joy News, the people were almost at each other’s necks while trying to defend who they believe would serve them better.
“In providing education, the Municipal Chief Executive has over 60 projects and majority of those projects are under education and health,” a local said.
“When you go to all the 11 electoral areas you will see Muntaka’s projects. He is our darling boy and Insha Allah, we are going to support him to continue because we cannot change Muntaka for Mr Zero. Do you know our MCE Mr Zero?” another Asawase resident argued.
Mr Mubarack is representing the National Democratic Congress (NDC) while Mr Seidu is running on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party (NPP).
The governing NPP will on December 7 be seeking to win the Asawase seat which eluded them in the past.
Its candidate, Alidu Seidu is confident of victory but the NDC’s Muntaka Mubarak says nothing will change as he will retain the seat.
‘The Battleground’ brings to listeners an in-depth analysis of the most keenly contested constituencies across the country.
Hosted by Joy News anchor Emefa Apawu, it takes a look at the history of some of the constituencies, the political parties, as well as the parliamentary candidates’ chances while giving projections into the future.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
- Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Greed, dishonesty and hypocrisy must be eschewed in ‘galamsey’ fight – Asantehene
Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
Attacks on journalists: Seek help from international bodies if national agencies fail to address problem – Ken Ashigbey
Shun party politics at the workplace – Central Regional Minister
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin