On January 20, 2021, the world witnessed a spectacle as never before.
Billions stayed glued to their TV sets while others watched via the internet, in giddy delight, history being made as America swore its first female Vice President, Kamala Harris, into office to partner President Joe Biden.
More than anything, this symbolized a victory for diversity, inclusion, and representation.
There is no doubt about it. Women throughout the ages have encountered uncountable obstacles in their pursuit for opportunity and due recognition, notwithstanding the unquestionable abilities we have.
But just as America rallied and decided to give women a chance at the highest office of the land, so too, I believe, will Ghana in the shortest possible time.
The words of Susan Anthony, an American Feminist over 100 years ago speak to us.
“We shall someday be heeded, and—everybody will think it was always so, just exactly as many young people think that all the privileges, all the freedom, all the enjoyments, which woman now possesses always were hers.
They have no idea of how every single inch of ground that she stands upon today has been gained by the hard work of some little handful of women of the past.”
We celebrate American women’s achievements because we see ourselves in them.
The pain, disappointment, obstacles, and struggles we encounter are universal.
No longer shall women’s perspectives on critical national issues be confined to the margins in discussions of national priorities.
As was predicted by Susan Anthony, women shall this time be heeded.
This is our time!
Wear your mask & Stay safe!
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Farmers in Upper East unhappy about increase in prices of government subsidised fertilizers
Executive recruitment for position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SSCIS and partners to offer fully-funded masters programme to girls in Ghana and Nigeria
Government’s initiatives to fight Covid-19 even better than those of advanced economies – Bawumia
Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
Victoria Awusi Hlovor
Rapper J. Cole makes his debut in African basketball league
Dr Opuni, others file motion for stay of proceedings
Business Executive held over spousal murder halts wife burial
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Sometimes the girl who is always there for everyone else needs someone there for her
I don’t write songs for people anymore – King Promise
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers