Chairman of Parliament’s Finance Committee Dr. Mark Assibey Yeboah has lost the NPP primary in his constituency.
Chairman of Parliament’s Communications Committee Fredrick Opare Ansah has lost.
Chairman of Parliament’s Education Committee William Quaitoo has lost.
Chairman of Parliament’s Legal Affairs Committee Ben Abdallah has lost.
Chairman of Parliament’s Government Assurances Committee Collins Owusu Amankwaah has lost.
Chairman of Parliament’s Youth and Sports Committe Alex Agyekum has lost.
Also, Vice Chairman of Parliament’s Agriculture Committee Abraham Odoom has lost.
Vice Chairman of Parliament’s Roads Committee Kofi Brako has lost.
Vice-Chairman of Parliament’s Trade and Industry Committee Ato Panford has lost.
So at least 9 chairmen and vice chairmen have lost and still counting.
Alongside several other MPs including Ahmed Arthur, Nana Akua Afriyie, Vincent Sowah Odotei, Okyem Aboagye, Joe Mensah, Ama Sey and Kennedy Kankam.
And still counting.
Why they are all losing is anyone’s guess. But, the dynamics in the home stretch of the 7th Parliament over the next 6 months will be interesting.
It’s all bad news for the NPP in Parliament because obviously, morale on the side of the Majority will be badly hit.
The energy on the part of these chairs, vice-chairs, and MPs on the Majority side to even show up in Parliament, as well as defend government policies in the media and on the floor will hit rock bottom.
Then they also have to deal with an opposition that is getting more forceful, fierce, and formidable with every passing day.
We wait to see….
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
- Trader jailed for impregnating his physically challenged daughter
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
Widow with 3 kids shares how she goes through the month with ₵1000 salary
Election 2020: EC has no hands in the Techiman South disturbance – Bossman Asare
If a producer demands sex, call him out – Don Jazzy to female artistes
MP’s Murder: Judge threatens to dissolve jury over trial delays
GNECC joins calls for calm on Wesley Girls’ fasting brouhaha
Such arrogance! – John Dumelo reacts to #FixYourAttitude comments
Kwaku Sakyi-Addo: Fasting at Katanga
Driver remanded for defilement
There are no new restrictions that extinguish our rights to demonstrate – #FixTheCountry convenors to Police
Woman buries late husband with a live snake
Labourer jailed 2 years for stealing TV set
Sunni clerics call for unity among Muslims to foster Ghana’s development
I wanted to be a doctor but family got me into business – Dr Ernest Ofori Sarpong
3 Christ Embassy members slapped with charges for breaching Covid-19 restrictions
RTI Commission extends submission of annual report by public institutions