Lawyers for the GJA President, Albert Kwabena Dwumfour, have entered appearance in the suit brought against the GJA, Affail Monney and the 3rd Defendant, [Albert Dwumfour] by Justice Adoboe.
The hearing of the case, which begun on Monday (August 22, 2022) at an Accra High Court, (General Jurisdiction 10) saw the Court adjourning the case to the 11th of October 2022.
The Plaintiff’s Lawyer told the Court, presided over by Justice Nyadu that, he (Plantiff’s Lawyer) had not been served with any process from the Defendants’ Lawyer after they had been served with the summons but the Judge explained to him that, Counsel for the 3rd Defendant was out of the country on a legal vacation, adding that, he (Counsel for 3rd Defendant) has however entered appearance.
Lawyer for the Plaintiff could not fathom why Lawyer for the Defendant had travelled out when the case was being heard but the Judge insisted that, all Lawyers were entitled to their legal vacation, including he (Plaintiff’s Lawyer), hence the 3rd Defendant’s Lawyer cannot be faulted for having taken his legal vacation.
The Judge further reminded the Plaintiff’s Lawyer that, he had every right to argue for cost to be awarded against the 3rd Defendant, insisting that, the issue of legal vacation is however not debatable.
Justice Nyadu therefore adjourned the case to the 11th of October 2022 without awarding cost, after Lawyer for the Plaintiff had tried unsuccessfully to convince the Judge to award cost against him.
Meanwhile Plaintiff in the case, Justice Adoboe was absent in Court and was also not represented, a situation that triggered suspicion from some Journalists present that, he might have either lost interest in the case or that he is just doing the bidding of some persons.
The 3rd Defendant was however represented by his Executive Secretary, Efo Petit Mawugbe.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Today’s front pages: Monday, November 28, 2022
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- NLC to meet leaders of striking public universities workers unions
- Having a database of farmers is long overdue – Dr Nyaaba
- Gideon Mensah stars in debut World Cup game for Black Stars
- From Eric’s Diary: How my favourite ‘Di asa’ show won the Akan TV Programme of the Year
- Alex Osei-Kojo: Time for political change in Ghana
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Access to Medicine Index ranks top pharmaceuticals globally
- Plans to secure gold for oil to be realised in March 2023
- Gbi Traditional Area installs Togbega Gabusu VII
- Mr Drew rocks Mallam-Gbawe at Seleey Concert ‘22
- ‘Nana Agradaa’ shares testimony after arrest
- Ghanaian Teacher wins Instill Education competition
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- Economic activity moderates – BoG
- Ghanaians have become too complacent about HIV – Ghana AIDS Commission boss