Audio By Carbonatix
Kevin Hart is able to walk again a week after his terrifying car smash — but is still in “excruciating pain,” according to reports.
The 40-year-old actor reportedly fractured his spine in three places in the LA crash early last Sunday and faces weeks of extensive rehab.
“He’s already walking. He’s good,” close friend Tiffany Haddish told Entertainment Tonight.
However, sources stressed to TMZ that the star is “still in excruciating pain” despite the positive mood he tries to radiate to friends. The sources also stressed that while he is on his feet he is “walking slowly and gingerly.”
Another source said that Hart’s wife, Eniko Parrish, is not yet ready to talk about the accident and his road to recovery.
“They … don’t want people to worry, so Eniko has put on a strong face and is saying he is doing well, but it’s very serious. He has suffered a great deal and has a long road ahead,” the source told ET.
“Kevin’s spinal injuries are very serious, he sustained several fractures and had no choice but to have surgery as soon as possible.
“Since the surgery, he has been heavily sedated. The physicians are doing everything they can to keep him out of pain.”
Hart’s friend Jared Black, 28, had been driving the electric blue 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, which Hart named Menace and had bought for himself as a birthday present in July.
It swerved off Mulholland Highway in Malibu Hills, crashing through a wooden fence and falling into a gully around 1 a.m. last Sunday. The roof of the car was crushed from the impact.
Kevin Hart’s car was missing important safety features, experts say
Kevin Hart‘s car lacked important safety features which could have prevented many of the injuries he suffered in a car accident earlier this week, experts tell TMZ.
The souped-up 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Hart was riding in did not have a five-point harness and a roll cage. The features are critically important for cars — like Hart’s — which also have a 720 horsepower engine.
Still, the comedian was lucky to be alive this week, after the Sept. 1 accident on Mulholland Highway left him with three spinal fractures.
He has since undergone back surgery and will require physical therapy to make a full recovery.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
AFCON U-17: Black Starlets beat South Africa 3-1 but await CAF draw of lots to determine fate
44 seconds -
NATARAJ Art competition inspires young creativity in Ghana
3 hours -
Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll rises further, WHO warns
3 hours -
Money can be traced in GIIF ‘Sky Train’ case – Kow Essuman fires back at Deputy AG
3 hours -
25/26 UEFA Europa League: Unai Emery leads Aston Villa to first European trophy in 44 years
3 hours -
Southampton lose appeal against play-off expulsion
3 hours -
SkySat Technologies, Konica Minolta launch VIP Experience in Accra
4 hours -
Africa’s capital must power digital innovation and infrastructure – KGL Group Chair
4 hours -
Policy rate cuts won’t spur growth without cheaper bank loans – Economist
4 hours -
OBZ Group founder urges regulation of fuel sales in galamsey communities
4 hours -
Closure of Kaneshie footbridge forces traders, commuters to risk crossing highway daily
4 hours -
World Bank mission team pays courtesy call on Gender Minister
4 hours -
Aggrieved customers threaten fresh protests at Finance Ministry over unpaid locked up funds
5 hours -
‘Did Mahama lie his way to power?’ – Gold Coast Customers react to compensation delay
5 hours -
“We don’t have the money to pay” – Finance Minister tells financial sector victims
5 hours