KGL Group, a wholly-owned Ghanaian group of subsidiaries, lent support to host the maiden edition of the Ghana Diaspora Investment Summit 2021 organized by the Ghana Investments Promotions Centre (GIPC).
The event held under the theme ‘The New Normal: Leveraging diaspora investments to build back better’ sought to highlight diasporan collaborative investments as an integral lever to spur rebound growth in the fall out of the global pandemic.
The summit brought together policy makers, corporate entities, private sector business and investors, both local and across the diaspora, to engage, identify entry barriers and propose viable solutions to create an enabling environment to foster direct local investments.
The two-day event was held on June 23rd and 24th at the Kempinski Hotel, and as part of the keynote addresses, Mr. Yoofi Grant the CEO of GIPC, and Mr. Ken Ofori-Atta, the Minister for Finance provided an overview of the collaborative effort between government and the GIPC to minimize entry barriers to investments and provide a sustainable environment conducive to business growth.
Mr. Alex Dadey, Executive Chairman of KGL Group, speaking from his perspective as a diasporan entrepreneur with over 30 years experience working across multiple industries, highlighted the need for multilateral collaboration and diaspora socio economic inclusion.
Recounting some experiences while working in the UK and Ghana across different sectors, mainly Agriculture, Fintech, Trade Finance, Technology, and his most recent venture into technology service delivery partnerships with public sector institutions such as the NLA, Mr. Dadey broke down inward investments into four distinct categories: Remittances, Direct, Portfolio, and Philanthropic investments.
In his submission at the event, Mr. Dadey also identified a two-prong approach of a deliberate policy on the part of government to drive local and diaspora collaboration combined with promoting the revenue generation success stories of diasporans, as levers to make direct investments attractive and guide prospective investors across the diaspora to navigate the boundless local investment opportunities in Ghana.
The two-day event also provided a business development platform for participants to engage across different sectors: Agriculture, Real Estate, Technology, Fin-Tech and FMCG under a series of structured business to business sessions.
Mr. Dadey has been a strong advocate for diasporan collaboration, and instrumental in initiating the recent edition of the Diasporan Homecoming Summit in 2017 and the Ghana Investment and Opportunities Summit in the UK.
The event climaxed with Mr. Alex Dadey reaffirming KGL Group’s commitment to fostering local and diaspora socio economic inclusion as sponsors for the maiden Diaspora Investment Summit event.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- Traitor NDC MPs must do some serious soul-searching and learn to be nationalistic – Mahama
- Paul Rusesabagina: Hotel Rwanda hero set free
- I am disappointed with NDC MP’s betrayal to pass 6 NPP ministers – Mahama
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: 3 incumbent MPs go unopposed in Northern region
- GAEC launches ‘Cassava Week’ celebration
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses EC’s 3 new members’ swearing-in, presidency galamsey allegations and true state of the nation
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Apostle Cephas Quarshie welcomes US Vice President Kamala Harris to Ghana
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home