Singer and songwriter King Promise hosted a post-album release soirée for his sophomore album, ‘5 Star.’
The star-studded event was held at the Ecobank Head Office in Accra on Saturday.
The show was hosted by Giovanni Caleb and “His Royal Blackness,” Kwasi Kyei Darkwa, famously known as KKD.
Artists like R2bees, Sarkodie, Smallgod, Deborah Vanessa and Lasmid and record producer, Killbeatz, among many others, showed their support to the ’10 Toes’ singer.
Dignitaries like the French Ambassador to Ghana, Anne Sophie AVE, the Deputy Minister for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Mark Okraku-Mantey, and Member of Parliament for North Tongu in the Volta Region, Honorable Sam Okudzeto Ablakwa, and more were also present at the event.
Other public figures like Freedom Jacob Caesar [popularly known as Cheddar], CEO of Ghana UK-Based Achievement Awards, Akosua Dentaa Amoateng MBE, and broadcasters from the Multimedia Group; Gary Al-Smith, George Quaye, Doreen Avio and Ibrahim Ben-Bako also graced the occasion with their presence.
The event climaxed with a mini-documentary of Gregory Bortey Newman, famously known as King Promise.
The documentary featured King Promise’s parents [Mr. Francis Newman and Angela Quaye], who talked about the artist’s desire and passion for music during his childhood and how he nurtured his talent for singing as a profession.
In the footage, the ‘Slow Down’ hitmaker talked about his love for music and the drive to pursue it full-time after graduating from Central University in 2016.
Three years after releasing his debut album, ‘As Promised’, the ‘Ring My Line’ singer dropped his second album, ‘5 Star,’ on 22nd July 2022.
The 15-track project debuted at number one in Ghana on Apple Music within 24 hours of release.
The album features singer Bisa Kdei, Nigerian artists like Omah Lay, Patoranking; American rappers VIC MENSA and Chance the Rapper, British music ensemble, WSTRN, and Ghanaian-Germany-based rapper, Frenna.
‘5 Star’ is out on digital streaming platforms.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency -Dr. Norman
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’