The CEO of the Korle-Bu Teaching hospital has been out of his office for over a week after testing positive for Covid-19.
Since Dr Daniel Asare’s left his post, Dr Ali Samba, the Medical Director of the country’s number one referral hospital has been acting.
Joy News sources say three other persons in the CEO’s office have gone into self-isolation.
Dr Daniel Asare joins the tall list of medical practitioners in the country who have contracted the virus.
Kweku Agyeman Manu, the Health Minister as well as the CEO of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), Lydia Dsane-Selby have also tested positive for the novel virus.
On Wednesday, the Ghana Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists (GAMLS) revealed that one of its members has died of the novel coronavirus.
The medical laboratory professional was with the Weija-Gbawe Municipal Hospital where he worked as a sample collector for Covid-19 testing.
Last Friday, the deceased was rushed to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) Emergency Unit after having trouble in breathing and died on Monday.
- Final year JHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force for attempted forceful removal from office
- My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwesi Aning
- NPP Women’s Organizer seeks justice for burnt mining equipment
Ghana Armed Forces set to conduct anti-terrorism exercise
National Coordinator of School Feeding Programme sacked
NSMQ 2021: I silently prayed to overcome stage fright – Drobo SHS contestant shares experience
Jean Mensa doesn’t care about those who lost their lives in 2020 elections – Peter Otokunor
Contractors who do shoddy work to pay more for maintenance – Roads Minister warns
AUCC, Knowledge Innovations to host first training course in Financial Technologies
Task force to check illegal transport fares set up
Ghana Library Authority shortlisted for London Book Fair Awards
Expect some symptoms after receiving second Covid-19 jab – GHS to Ghanaians
Ghana’s Golden Girl: Martha Bissah grabs second degree at Norfolk University
Covid-19 vaccines: Persons who received 1st jab from March 1 to 9 eligible for second dose – GHS
Musicians in Ghana will not be poor if we enforce the laws – GHAMRO CEO
I haven’t granted nor extended mineral rights to any mining company – Lands Minister
Cancel Africa’s debt; Restricure global financial architecture – Akufo-Addo
Assin North MP’s case: Amaliba files motion to withdraw as lawyer