Audio By Carbonatix
Some 2021 Population and Housing Census (PHC) enumerators in the Krachi East Municipality of the Oti Region have called on the Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) to pay the remaining 70 per cent wage difference for enumerators in the Municipality.
They have given the Service two days to ensure that all enumerators within the Region were paid to avert any ‘disturbances.’
Francis Asare Godwin, President of the Concern Krachi East Youth Association, said their attention had been drawn “through all special angles” that monies had been released about a week ago for disbursement to all field officers.
He said they were also aware that all supervisors within the Region had since been paid and wondered why the regional officers had “deliberately without any official update refused to pay the enumerators”.
The President said they were worried and cannot channel their grievances through the supervisors because the leadership had already been paid.
He called on officers of the Service in the Region to update the affected enumerators about their payments plan.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
2 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
2 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
2 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
2 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
2 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
2 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
2 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
2 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
2 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
3 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
3 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
3 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
3 hours