The President of the Sports Writers Association of Ghana (SWAG), Kwabena Yeboah has appealed to the Minister of Youth and Sports Hon. Isaac Kwame Asiamah to use his high office to prevail on President Nana Akufo-Addo to give them a bus.
The bus, according to the veteran sports journalist, will aid the movement of SWAG members for the execution of official assignments.
Delivering his speech at the 45th MTN-SWAG awards at the Swiss -Spirit Alisa Hotel, Accra, Kwabena Yeboah said having blazed the trail of sports writing in Ghana Over a half-century, mobility has been a major debility to executing their mandate, and believes only a more decent means of transportation can help alleviate this plight.
“My lordship, permit me to state an age – long debility and prostration of the Ghana Sports Writers Association of Ghana. The absence of a reliable vehicle to ease the transportation of members for events and programs,” Kwabena Yeboah addressed the gathering.
“On this special occasion, may I urge my very good friend the Hon. Minister for Youth and Sports Hon. Isaac Kwame Asiamah to use his very good office to prevail to our sports-loving President [Akufo-Addo] to consent to our humble request.”
SWAG was founded in 1968 having existed through all Governments of Ghana while providing meaningful sports content, and aiding the development of Sports in Ghana.
The association is noted for highlighting, and joining forces with various state institutions to churn the course of Sports development, and has seen some of its members right to the high office of Ministers of State.
The SWAG Awards, a scheme that celebrates the achievement of sports men and women, is the longest existing awards in Ghana running for 45 years.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Christian Atsu found – Turkish media confirm
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- Don’t behave like Finance Ministry is your personal property – Kpebu tells Ofori-Atta over nonpayment of matured coupons
- Glory to God – Social media users rejoice after Christian Atsu found alive
- Put hefty taxes on alcohol, cigarettes to generate funds money to fight cancer
- Total household spending falls by 11% in 2022 – UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce survey
- NDC to consider reforms for selecting leaders in Parliament – National Council of Elders
- We want to make VAR interventions more understandable for spectators – Pierluigi Collina
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Mukwala nets brace as Kotoko run riot against Accra Lions
- Parliament resumes from recess today
- ‘You are free to sign DDEP is not the same as exemption’ – Dr Adu Anane Antwi
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Ghana Gas to build second Processing Plant; 1.5k jobs assured
- Remarkable progress with ongoing IMF programme is significant to recovery efforts; momentum must be sustained – Ofori-Atta
- The origin of Hiplife: How rapping in Twi ‘blew people’s minds’
- Family of Thomas Sankara boycotts burial plans
- Court reinstates sacked anti-corruption chief