Audio By Carbonatix
Norway based goalkeeper Adam Larsen Kwarasey has strongly denied reports that he has dropped his interest in playing for Ghana despite what has been a long drawn out process to formalize his switch from Norway to Ghana.
The 23-year old is waiting for confirmation of his switch by world football governing body Fifa after formally expressing interest.
He has also acquired a Ghana passport and the Norway Football Federation has confirmed in writing that they have no objection to the switch as is required.
Kwarasey told KickOffGhana.com reports that he was no longer interested in playing for the Black Stars are 'lies' and says he always knew the changeover was not going to be a straight forward issue.
"I have always said that once I have formally expressed my interest, it is not my job to go chasing the transfer. It is not my job to run after the paper work. I have done my part as a player and I have always known these things take time," he said.
"My job is to play well on the field and prove to the Ghana officials that I am good enough for the Black Stars and that is what I am going to do but to say chasing the paperwork and the switch is not my job is not the same as saying I am no longer interested in playing for Ghana. I made that decision to opt for Ghana after careful thought and it is one that I am determined to see through."
Kwarasey, born to a Norwegian mother and a Ghanaian father represented Norway at U-20 level but is convinced his international future lies with the Black Stars.
He had his best season at club level for Stromsgodsted last season playing over 30 games as they won the Norway Cup.
Now he is hoping for even better as they head into the Norway League season on Sunday and the chance to make his case for a Ghana call up when it matters most.
Source: Kickoff.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
8 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
23 minutes -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
46 minutes -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
46 minutes -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
47 minutes -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
2 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
2 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
2 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
4 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
4 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours -
Publican AI and the A–B–C Corridor
5 hours -
Blast targeting train kills at least 20 in Pakistan
5 hours -
Attacks on Ebola centres intensify in eastern DRC amid outbreak fears
5 hours