The governor of Lagos state, the economic hub of Nigeria, has announced that all open markets and shops, except for sellers of food, medicines and life-saving equipment, must close for seven days from Thursday.
This is part of measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Africa’s most-populous nation, which has 44 confirmed cases of Covid-19.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu also called for magistrate and high courts to close immediately.
Travel to and from Lagos by air and by road should also be avoided and gatherings should not exceed 25 people, he advised.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Rise in pay hasn’t done any significant difference in our lives – NAGRAT
- Gasonu’s family asks police to unravel cause of his death
- Government must engage labour on IMF deal – Austin Gamey
- Permit service personnel to teach you fire preventive measures – ADO2 Nartey
- We have burden-shared enough, government needs to show commitment – GRNMA
- Arrest made in killing of New Jersey council woman Eunice Dwumfour
- Government should brace itself for a possible showdown should it attempt salary reduction – GRNMA
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties