Audio By Carbonatix
Properties connected to rapper Sean "Diddy" Combs were raided on Monday by federal agents.
The Department of Homeland Security said it had pursued the "law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation" in New York, Los Angeles and Miami.
Two properties were searched in Los Angeles and Miami as part of the probe.
Officials did not specify the reasons for the raids or whether they were tied to Mr Combs.
Representatives for the hip-hop mogul did not respond to the BBC's requests for comment on Monday.
Several recent lawsuits have accused Mr Combs of sexual misconduct. His attorneys have previously denied all of the allegations made against him in the lawsuits.
On Monday, Homeland Security Investigations agents were conducting their operations in the 17,000 square foot mansion where Mr Combs announced his latest album release last September.
The address of the house is associated with Mr Combs' Bad Boy Films production company. Located in the wealthy Los Angeles neighbourhood of Holmby Hills, the area is home to numerous celebrities and the Playboy Mansion.
Getty Images
Two law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that the raids were part of an ongoing sex trafficking investigation.
The BBC has not independently confirmed this reporting.
Last year, R&B singer Cassie, whose full name is Casandra Ventura, filed a lawsuit in New York federal court against Mr Combs, whom she had dated between 2005 and 2018.
In court documents, she alleged years of abuse at the hands of the rapper, though she later settled the lawsuit with him.
Two other women then came forward with their own lawsuits, accusing him of sexual abuse. A man also has come forward accusing Mr Combs of sexual misconduct.
Read More: Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs denies rape allegation in court papers
Douglas Wigdor, lawyer for Ms Ventura and another alleged victim, said on Monday that his clients supported the law enforcement efforts.
"Hopefully, this is the beginning of a process that will hold Mr Combs responsible for his depraved conduct," Mr Wigdor said in a statement.
Mr Combs remains one of the most influential and significant hip-hop producers of the past several decades.
Read More: Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs sued by music producer for sexual assault, sex trafficking
He is the founder of Bad Boy Records and is a three-time Grammy winner who has worked with A-list artists like Usher and Mary J Blige.
Latest Stories
-
Netflix sued by band Demon Hunter over ‘KPop Demon Hunters’
2 hours -
Harvard to pay $53 million to settle lawsuits over theft of body parts
2 hours -
Mark Zuckerberg encouraged growth over child safety, ex-Meta executive testifies at trial
2 hours -
Amazon plans drone delivery expansion to about 500 US locales
3 hours -
Trump calls for Congress to pass crypto bill at White House event
3 hours -
ABC says intimidation by Trump’s FCC forced programming changes
3 hours -
Uber launches autonomous rides in Zagreb, its first in Europe
3 hours -
Ecuador intelligence chief and five Americans killed in Kenya helicopter crash
3 hours -
NMC reconstitutes boards of four state-owned media organisations
3 hours -
Keep abreast of new traffic regulations – Police
4 hours -
Police to prosecute commercial drivers for overcharging passengers
4 hours -
24-Hour Markets is not our responsibility – Goosie Tanoh distances Secretariat from project
4 hours -
Vaccine breakthrough stops cancer returning in trial
4 hours -
‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her
4 hours -
Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK
5 hours