Dancehall artiste Samini has urged Ghanaians to put aside their differences and support President-elect Akufo-Addo in his second term.
Taking to Instagram, Samini stated that the just-ended “peaceful and transparent” election is proof that Ghanaians put the country first. He further implored that the nation unites behind Akufo-Addo to move the nation forward.
“So all for Ghana, let’s all come together and help Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo continue his next four years and let’s put Ghana first. Let’s help him achieve the dreams and aspirations and all the big plans that he has for the Nation,” he added.
He was also appreciative of the level of tolerance Ghanaians exercised on election day, applauding the success of the elections.
“Big congratulations to the whole of Ghana for putting Ghana first, congratulations to everyone who went out to vote, thank you for putting Ghana first. Thank you for making this a peaceful and transparent election and thank you for not making it violent.”
According to him, Ghana will not be enjoying the peace it has without the collaborative effort of all the citizens regardless of their party affiliations.
He also advised supporters of the NPP to hold back from excess partying and jubilating when celebrating their win.
Samini had initially faced backlash for openly supporting President-elect Akufo-Addo and the NPP ahead of the elections.
However, the ‘My Own’ hitmaker took to Twitter to announce he was choosing to vote for a leader he believes has a “hopeful” future for the country.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received a baton before – Coach
- #NSMQ2021: Mfantsiman Girls SHS dumped for the third time in a row at regional championships
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
- Students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Customs driver jailed for selling official vehicle
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
Italian woman accidentally given six shots of Covid-19 vaccine
Drake is Billboard’s Artist of the Decade, will receive honor at 2021 Billboard Music Awards
We’ll work for food security reserves – ECOWAS
Pandemic could lead to more child obesity, WHO Europe office warns
French court fines, sentences Oppong Weah’s son for reckless partying
Salifu Ibrahim not being swayed by man of the match awards
SYND-Ghana backs Lands Ministry’s fight against exploitation of forest reserves
‘I left home so I can take care of my family,’ – A ‘kayayo’ on why she is on the streets
Make a deliberate effort to own a copy of the 1992 Constitution – NCCE
Parliament to reconvene on May 25 to commence second meeting
Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
Even though it hurts to see you with her, I’m genuinely happy for you
To my ex-lover that I can’t move on from