A lion which was reportedly being used to guard a house in Lagos, Nigeria, has been removed by authorities.
The two-year-old lion was reportedly discovered at a property opposite a school by a task force team on Friday.
It was tranquilised on Monday and transferred to Bogije Omu zoo in Lekki, head of the task force team Yinka Egbeyemi told the BBC.
The owner of the animal has been told to report himself to police before the end of Monday or face arrest.
A team from the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Unit located the animal after residents filed a petition to the state’s ministry of environment.
A crèche and elementary school stand opposite the house, according to the BBC’s Damilola Oduolowu in Lagos.
The school’s management said it had been conscious of the children’s safety.
It is thought the lion was brought into the building two months ago.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-LGBT bill: The bill has not ben diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor