The murder of 45-year old Ibrahim Kaaka Mohammed, a social activist and member of the #FixTheCountry campaign, sparked a protest in the Ejura township.
Subsequently, soldiers who were deployed to manage the situation ended up firing into the demonstrating crowd; a situation that claimed the lives of two other persons and left several people injured.
A three-member committee has since been set up by the government to conduct a public probe into the circumstances that led to the June 29, unrest.
Today on Newsfile, host Samson Lardy Anyenini and his panelists will ponder on the work of the committee, a week after it began its work.
The team will also discuss government’s intent to pay the wives of the President and his Vice.
Already, the Bono Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party, Kwame Baffoe, popularly known as Abronye DC has dragged the Attorney-General to court over the matter.
He insists paying the wives of the President and his Vice is not enshrined in the Constitution.
Newsfile will be aired on the JoyNews TV and JoyFM.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid