Romelu Lukaku scored his first ever Chelsea goal – almost a decade after his debut – as Thomas Tuchel’s team deservedly beat Arsenal.
Lukaku, who was at Chelsea as a teenager, started at the Emirates after his £97.5m signing from Inter Milan and looks to have given the Blues an ominous new dimension.
His hold-up and link-up play caused Arsenal problems all day – and the Belgian duly gave them the lead.
Lukaku was involved in the build-up and then finished the move from close range into an empty net from Reece James’ pass.
James got the second himself as he slammed the ball into the roof of the net from Mason Mount’s pass to make it two wins from two in the league.
Lukaku almost made it 3-0 but his header was tipped onto the bar by Bernd Leno.
Arsenal, missing centre-back Ben White through Covid, have now lost more London derbies in the Premier League this season than last – after just two games.
It is only the third time Arsenal have lost their opening two Premier League matches in a season.
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Makeup Ghana announces nominees for 2022 GBA awards
- Cocoa Syndication Loan to build strong buffer for cedi – Ofori Atta
- Stanbic Bank partners KNUST WiSTEM to empower women in STEM
- Debt restructuring process with IMF not concluded – Finance Minister
- 2022 World Cup: 70 per cent of current Ghana squad will be in Qatar – Otto Addo
- Apple removes Russia’s largest social network from the App Store
- 11 in 11 years: Hearts of Oak coaches axed under Togbe Afede XIV
- Shakira to stand trial in Spain for tax evasion
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- Absa Bank deepens support to Startups and SMEs with ‘YouStart’ partnership
- Playback: Ofori-Atta speaks on Ghana-IMF negotiation
- Failure to repay mobile money loans will attract negative repercussions – BoG
- ‘You played a tremendous role in Covid-19 fight’ – Akufo-Addo to churches
- London honours the African who fought British rule
- Ebola outbreak in DR Congo ends – WHO