Former President John Mahama will today take his ‘Thank you Tour’ to the Volta Region, the stronghold of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
The tour will allow him to meet with religious leaders and party folks to thank them for their “massive support” during the 2020 general elections, a press release issued by the NDC Volta Regional Secretary, James Gunu, said.
Mr Mahama will have a live radio interview session on Global FM and pay a courtesy call on the Agbogbomefia, Togbe Afede XIV, and the Asogli Traditional Council at the Asogli Secretariat in Ho, between 8 and 11 am.
The 2020 NDC presidential candidate will later interact with Christian leaders at the Dela Cathedral, Ho Kpodzi, until midday.
He is expected to visit the residence of the late Deputy Regional Youth Organiser, Comrade Courage Worlasi Danku, at Sokode Gbogame to commiserate with the family and sign the book of condolences in memory of the deceased.
Mr Mahama will climax the day’s tour with party stakeholders at the G. M. Afeti Auditorium, Ho Technical University.
- Martin Amidu: The arrogance and impunity of power – Parliamentary rejection of 2022 Budget statement
- Beware of Kabuki dance to reverse irreversible rejection of 2022 budget – Amidu
- Majority and Minority meet separately ahead of ‘fresh discussions’ on 2022 budget
- Didier Drogba hosts tonight’s Ballon d’Or event
- ‘A job is much more than an income, it is a key to dignity, self-reliance and empowerment’ – Duffuor
- Reform of legal education system necessary to accommodate current realities – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo is running ‘democratic-autocratic’ government – Amidu
- 25 illegal Ghanaian residents in Germany to be repatriated
- Ghana is not a secular state – Sam George
- 2022 budget: Speaker’s decision is proper but can be challenged – Inusah Fuseini
‘2022 Budget will be approved; action to start in 45 minutes’ – K. T. Hammond
‘JS Saoura are bound to lose a home game’ – Samuel Boadu
Contributions of women to good governance ideal for democracy and economic growth – Diana Oppong Mensah
Meet Prof Elsie Effah Kaufmann’s adorable children
Soccer Intellectuals’ Abalansa denies attacking referee
Cedi depreciation has blown public debt by 30% – Kwabena Duffour
High cost of electricity, straight levy, access to credit remain major barriers to industrialisation – AGI
Bagbin travelled to Dubai with a skeletal staff – Speaker’s counsel
Uninsured government properties should be worry to everyone, not only insurers – Hollard Group CEO
Ghana ranked 5th most attractive automobile market in Sub-Saharan Africa – Report
SSNIT assures pensioners of regular payment of pensions
Oyoko Banda chief urges government to invest more in TVET
Cristiano Ronaldo hits out at Ballon d’Or lies: I’m never against anyone
Multimedia Group’s Ernest Manu named MCBIRD Fellow
‘The focus is to build a better NDC to contest in 2024 election’ – Duffuor