The Majority Leader Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu is in India chairing the Program planning committee of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association.
Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu is currently the Vice Chairman of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association.
The Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) works to support good governance, democracy, and human rights.
The aims of the CPA are to promote knowledge and understanding about parliamentary democracy, especially good governance, transparency and accountability and respect for the rule of law, and individual rights and freedoms, irrespective of gender, race, religion, or culture.
The Majority Leader currently holds the joint record as the longest-serving member of Parliament in the 4th Republican history.
He holds this with the current Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin who have both served 7 consecutive terms in the House.
Speaking to JoyNews, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu, who is also the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs explained that the committee will be preparing the program for this year’s Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference to be hosted in Canada.
Ghana will host the conference next year in August, in Accra.
While in India the Majority Leader will appear as a Special Guest personality for the Indian subcontinent Conference before leaving for Delhi to meet his counterpart, India’s Minister for Parliamentary Affairs.
The Majority Leader is in the company of First Deputy Speaker Joseph Osei-Owusu, representing the Speaker and NDC MP Bernard Ahiafor.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
IMF bailout: Finance Minister must take a step back – Political analyst
Ghanaians mob IMF on Facebook to campaign against Akufo-Addo’s bailout request
AGI CEO worried over scarcity of market-ready graduates
Livestream: The Law discusses justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II