Thousands of supporters of Mr Alan Kwadwo Kyeremanten, a flagbearer hopeful of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), thronged the Kumasi Airport to welcome him to the Ashanti Region.
Alan Kyeremanteng visited the region on Monday to seek the blessings of the Asantehene and regional executive of the party on his political journey.
Clad in ‘Alan branded’ T-shirts and other NPP paraphernalia, the crowd waited amidst brass band music until the Africa World Airline, carrying the former Trade and Industry Minister and his entourage, touched down at exactly 1030 hours.
It was a charged atmosphere when Mr Kyeremanteng disembarked as the excited supporters touted his achievements.
They led his convoy to the Manhyia Palace, creating massive traffic on the Airport Roundabout-Manhyia stretch and giving the police a hectic time in controlling traffic.
Most motorists using that stretch had to look for alternative routes to get to their destination on time.
Spokesperson of Alan Campaign Team, Yaw Buaben Asamoah, told the Ghana News Agency that Mr Kyeremanteng, being a native of the region, deemed it important to formally inform the King and the people of the Asante Kingdom of his intention to contest the flagbearer slot of the NPP and to seek their blessings.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents