Manchester City showed no signs of letting their off-field problems distract them as they comfortably beat relegation-threatened West Ham United 2-0 in their re-arranged Premier League game on Wednesday.
City took the lead on the half hour from a well-worked corner routine, Rodri rising to meet Kevin De Bruyne delivery with a superbly angled header at the near post.
De Bruyne doubled the lead in the 62nd minute, squeezing in a right-foot shot at Lukasz Fabianski’s near post after a swift exchange with Bernardo Silva.
UEFA handed City a two-year ban from European football on Friday for serious breaches of their Financial Fair Play regulations. The Premier League champions deny the charges and are appealing against the decision.
While manager Pep Guardiola deflected pre-game television questions about the issue, City fans had no such reticence, shouting chants aimed at UEFA, including one which ended with “we will see you in court”.
City are second in the league but are 22 points behind leaders Liverpool while West Ham remained in 18th position, deep in the relegation battle.
The game was originally scheduled for Feb. 9 but was postponed due to stormy weather.
- Cape Coast High Court cancels 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results
- Akufo-Addo sets in motion probe to determine if CJ should be removed from office
- NDC expels Koku Anyidoho
- Supreme Court prohibits Justice Honyenuga from continuing with Opuni’s case
- Assin North MP’s case: Resident insists only Supreme Court can decide what constitutes allegiance
- Neither Nana Asante Bediatuo nor his wife has bought Holiday Inn Hotel – Lawyers
- Henry Quartey demands transfer of Ayawaso Central Municipal Environmental Health Officer
- GRIDCo appoints new CEO
- Pay us $2,000 or we will strike from August 2 – UTAG to government
- No docket has been built and presented to AG since murder of Ahmed Suale – Godfred Dame
Review of 2 Nigerian banks outlook to negative is “serious issue” – Banking Consultant
Resolve chieftaincy disputes to boost development in Western Region – Sector Minister
Assin North Ruling: Court erred in interpreting the law – Kwaku Azar
Harmonised trade policy key to implementing AfCFTA
Ekow Blankson shares his best moment on screen
We are disappointed with cancellation of 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results – Rockson Dafiamekpor
Obinim breaks down Black Sherif’s ‘Second Sermon’, Ghanaians react
Whether by court or by-election, Assin North seat will remain NDC’s – Alex Sebgefia
Bentsi-Enchil, Letsa and Ankomah and SEM capital appointed legal and financial advisors for GSE demutualization
Government urged to invest in promoting reading in communities
Social media reacts to Koku Anyidoho’s expulsion from NDC
Assin North ruling: We’ll contest this travesty of justice – Minority in Parliament
Playback: Government updates nation on fight against Covid-19
2 dead, dozens injured in Texas chemical plant leak
Shakul Samed loses to Turkey’s Bayram Malkan via TKO