A man believed to be in his late 70s has been shot dead by suspected armed robbers at Akyem-Asuom in the Kwaebibirim municipality of the Eastern Region.
The deceased, whose name was given as Amos, was allegedly shot four times in his head when the suspected robbers raided a house on Thursday dawn.
The deceased was said to be sleeping close to the entrance of the house during the attack.
After killing Amos, the suspects entered the house and made away with an unspecified amount of money from a food vendor, popularly called Daavi.
She was, however, not harmed by the gun-wielding men who shot sporadically during the operation.
A Journalist in the area, Fobi Jones, told JoyNews that the suspects escaped before the police were called to the scene.
Meanwhile, the body of the deceased has been deposited at the Kade Government Hospital morgue for preservation.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Fetish priest sentenced to 15 years imprisonment for defrauding with fake currency
- Man gets 8 years for hacking cousin he accused of stealing fish from soup
- Reach out, show love and compassion to the needy – KABAKA Foundation chairman urges
- Over 1000 children at Tepa enjoy free NHIS registration
- Ghana needs support of Diasporan community to advance industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- NDC dissociates itself from Akufo-Addo’s booing; says incident reflects mood of Ghanaians
- Four envoys present credentials to President Akufo-Addo
- We are receiving threats of contract termination – School Feeding Caterers
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala