Multiple award-winning Gospel musician Joe Mettle says the media ‘drags’ many artistes in the name of showbiz.
In an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, Joe Mettle, said the media sometimes spreads negative rumours about celebrities before digging for the facts of the matter.
This, the 2017 VGMA Artiste of the year, says goes a long way to destroy the reputation of the star.
“We drag them back sometimes, but we see it as showbiz, and we come back and say they are not where we expect them to be. There are a lot of these things that contribute to the dragging behind of these artists,” he said.
Joe Mettle, who says he has been a victim of this when news of his marriage went viral on August 15 last year, is advocating a cessation of the trend.
His wife was rumoured to be pregnant before their wedding.
“People still ask me about my children. The two children my wife is reported to have, people still ask me about it. I’ve actually caught people several times looking to see if my wife’s belly is protruded,” he said.
Joe Mettle said it is very worrying that some media houses do not come out to retract their publications when they find out the truth.
Meanwhile, Joe Mettle has released his new album titled ‘The Experience’, a compilation of inspiring songs.
The 13-track body of work has songs composed in the English, Twi, and Ga dialects and features melodic contributions from great artistes across the globe and his Love Gift Band.
‘The Experience’ is released to commemorate 10 years since Mettle’s first album was birthed. The album showcases the unique and skilful abilities of his committed backing vocalists, ‘The Love Gift’ and celebrated Gospel artistes from around the world.
- Missing pregnant woman in Takoradi found at Axim
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Milo will need a miracle to qualify Ghana for Qatar 2022 – John Paintsil
- Tamale residents accuse Police of assault over illegal electrical connections
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
Stop doing music if you don’t have money – Mr Logic
Ghana to have Covid-19 vaccine manufacturing plant in 2 years – Prof Ampofo
Pictures of Hearts players with flowers before Kamsar game causes stir on social media
R. Kelly not expected to testify at his trial
There are still more women in Ghana than men – 2021 PHC by GSS
You cannot catch thieves forever; consumers will vote with their money if they know original from fake cables – Ghana Standards Authority
Ghanaians in USA welcome Akufo Addo with massive cheers
Ghana Mentorship Network launched to support startups
Takoradi missing woman: Neighbors, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
Silver Star Auto launches all new Peugeot Landtrek 4×4 Pick Up to be assembled in Ghana
Proud and honoured – Salisu reacts to scoring first Southampton goal
Inter Allies vs AshGold saga: Musah and three others charged for participating in match of convenience
2021 PHC : Greater Accra has 2.1m residential, non-residential structures; highest in country
10 dogs maul 2-year-old pupil to death in school compound
Kudus scores for Ajax on his return from injury