Meta (formerly Facebook) and EIB Network have announced the launch of #NoFalseNewsZone campaign, an educational campaign focused on helping people identify false news and educate them on the actions to take to help minimise its spread in Ghana.
To launch the campaign, Meta unveiled the #NoFalseNewsZone comic book in collaboration with Comic Republic, a three-part series featuring the stories of an experienced nurse, an intern journalist and a university student who are on their personal journey to educate people on how to curb false news, and also join the fight against misinformation to help create a #NoFalseNewsZone online.
“At Meta, we are committed to the wellbeing of the individuals and communities that use our platforms, and take responsibility in helping to minimising the spread of false news seriously,” Oluwasola Obagbemi, Facebook’s Corporate Communications Manager for Anglophone West Africa said.
Oluwasola Obagbemi, while commenting on the launch of the campaign said; “We are delighted to be working with EIB Media and Comic Republic to launch #NoFalseNewsZone in Ghana. Our hope is that with this online comic book, people will make informed decisions by thinking critically about what they read, trust and share.”
Speaking on the collaboration, GHOneTV’s General Manager, Nana Aba Anamoah said, “For us at GHOne TV and EIB Network, the #NoFalseNewsZone Ghana campaign is our way of contributing to the broader discourse about what people consume and create online. We see a unique opportunity to use one of our cardinal mandates, education, to create awareness on why false news does not have a place in today’s daily information cycle.”
Comic Republic CEO, Jide Martin also said, “We are thrilled to once again work alongside Meta to tackle misinformation, a prominent problem in our world today.
“Comic Republic is uniquely placed to harness the power of visuals and storytelling to create a compelling campaign that can educate people on the importance of correct and true information. We all have a part to play in ensuring that we check the messages we create and consume online.
With our art, we are hoping to educate people on how to identify false news and take steps to report it too. We are grateful to Meta for trusting us with this project and thankful to our ever-endearing audience who we know will be part of this #NoFalseNewsZone movement”.
To download the #NoFalseNewsZone comic series, visit: https://www.thecomicrepublic.com/site/web/NoFalseNewsZoneviewer.html?file=NoFalseNewsZone2_Meta_April_2022_Comic_Republic_Web.pdf
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- List of key bondholders resisting Ken Ofori-Atta’s Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Andre Ayew pays courtesy call on National Chief Imam with daughter
- Exclusive: IMF and Ghana expected to reach staff-level agreement by Tuesday – Sources
- Unemployed remanded for murder over ¢30
- One week observance for Mrs Gladys Baako on December 17
- Exclusive: US Government to approve Ghana’s IMF request at Board level
- Broken down waste truck inconveniences Haatso residents
- Gospel musician Rosey says she gets most love and support from secular artistes
- Parliament approves nomination of 2 judges to Supreme Court
- World Cup 2022: Brazil head coach Tite steps down after quarterfinal exit
- IPR President urges advertisers to be relevant in this austere moment
- NPP MPs were whipped into walking out of Parliament – Rasheed Draman
- Government has collateralised proceeds from ESLA until 2035 – Mahama alleges
- Every no for me was an opportunity to prove a yes – Rocky Dawuni
- Minority advocates capping of Supreme Court judges at 13
- ICPC releases D’banj after arrest over fraud allegations
- NDC Deputy National Youth Organiser aspirant involved in accident
- I spoke to Frank Lampard about Everton transfer – Mohammed Kudus