Ivorian, Marie-Josee Ta Lou ran a personal best in the 100m of the Monaco Diamond League meeting on Wednesday, August 10, to set a new African record.
Ta Lou’s time of 10.72s saw her surpass Murielle Ahoure’s joint AR of 10.78s to become the outright holder as the fastest woman in Africa.
She finished the race in third place behind Jamaica duo Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Shericka Jackson.
“I knew I was going to do good because I was feeling well, but you never know 100%,” Ta Lou said as quoted by France 24.
“I knew I was not too far from Shelly-Ann so I knew I was doing very well.”
Fraser-Pryce scorched the track with the fastest time over 100 metres this year at the meeting on Wednesday, winning the race in 10.62 seconds.
Ta Lou finished seventh at the World Athletics Championships in Oregon earlier this month.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators