A group of suspected armed robbers last weekend attacked some mourners on a road between Mansra and Old Longoro in the Kintampo North Municipality of the Bono East Region, killing one person and injuring 16 others.
The mourners were going to bury one Kwadwo Degbi, ‘Abusuapanyin’ (family head) of the Leera royal family of Old Longoro.
Chief Inspector Augustine Kingsley Oppong, the Public Relations Officer for the Bono, Bono East and Ahafo Regional Police Command, confirmed this to the Ghana News Agency in Sunyani.
He said at the point of the incident, the mourners saw the armed robbers approaching and started shooting indiscriminately at them.
One of the mourners Kwadwo Sulemana, aged 30, died instantly and the injured were rushed to the Kintampo Municipal Government Hospital by an on-coming vehicle.
A report was made to the Kintampo Police who proceeded to the scene and retrieved 13 cartridges but the suspected robbers had by then fled the scene, Chief Inspector Oppong said.
The Police is making efforts to arrest the perpetrators, he said, and appealed to the public and residents in the Kintampo North Municipality and its environs to assist the Police with information to lead to their apprehension.
- Police intervene to bring deadly clash between Nima and Mamobi youth under control
- Nigerians troll Ghanaians after AFCON loss
- Captain Smart to face prosecution over ¢25,000 fraud case
- Nobody can intimidate any chief under my watch – Asantehene
- My mother got me initiated at a Tigare shrine – Psalm Adjeteyfio
- Police discover ammunitions following deadly clash between Nima and Maamobi youth
- Bel-Aqua 500ml bottles to be temporarily found without usual plastic sheets around cap
- Playback: Ghana Vs Comoros
- 2021 AFCON: Twitter users blame Anas’ Number 12 exposé for Black Stars’ exit
- It’s not true 90% of recently recruited staff have been dismissed – BoG
Only Ghana Card will be accepted for financial transactions from July 1 – BoG
Black Stars’ AFCON exit: Milovan doesn’t deserve GFA’s sympathy – Gabby Otchere-Darko
GPRTU threatens to join C-DAG increase transport fares should government fail to reduce fuel prices
3 more Covid-19 deaths recorded by GHS
Ghana card will be only identification for banking transactions from July 1, 2022 – BoG
Ofosu-Ampofo, Boahen trial adjourned to February 17
Reward me with presidential candidate for my invaluable service – Kofi Apraku to NPP
Kumawood movie industry is doing well but needs a revamp – Timothy Bentum
145 enterprises in Accra owe Tourism Development Fund ₵678, 856.15 as of Dec. 2021
Oliver Barker-Vormawor: Legacies of a colonised people – Conceptual indices for reframing Dormaahene and Asantehene controversy
Ablakwa calls for disbandment of current Black Stars, Milovan’s sacking
Owusu Bempah fails to show up in court
Father on the run with 7-year-old daughter to stop her from getting Covid-19 vaccine
Entries for 8th edition of Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards extended
Current Black Stars team should be dissolved, coach sacked – Nyaho Nyaho Tamakloe