Hearing of the murder case of Member of Parliament for Abuakwa North, J. B Dankwah Adu was halted at the High Court following the absence of counsel for the accused persons.
When sitting began, MS Beryl Sunkwa Mills, a Junior lawyer of Mr Yaw Danquah, the substantive lawyer, informed the High Court that Mr Danquah had been taken ill.
“My Lord, a few minutes for us to come to the court, Mr Danquah complained of stomach pains and he was sent to the SSNIT Hospital, where he has been detained.”
The trial judge, Justice Mrs Lydia Osei Marfo adjourned the matter to May 31 for continuation.
Mr Stephen Apraku, a former security man of the late MP was to answer further questions under cross-examination by Mr Danquah.
Daniel Asiedu aka Sexy Dondon and Vincent Bossu aka Junior Agogo are being held for their various roles that led to the death of the former legislature at his residence on February 9, 2016.
Asiedu is being held over the charge of murder and robbery. He is facing additional charge of conspiracy to rob with Bossu.
They have denied the charges and the court has remanded them into prison custody.
- CCTV footage exposes Bantama and Buokrom Estate Junction Mobile Money robbers
- Court throws out man’s appeal against burial of wife he’s accused of killing
- Akufo-Addo can’t even shower in presidential jet – Nitiwul defends President’s alleged extravagant foreign travels
- Coca-Cola lost $4 billion in market value after Ronaldo suggested people should drink water instead
- James Town bullion van attack looks like organised crime – Adam Bonaa
- Kumawood actor, Agya Manu has passed on
- Police places ¢20k bounty on James Town bullion van robbers
- ‘Akufo-Addo can’t shower’ on Presidential Jet comment needless – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Papers for 2020 WASSCE were leaked – Africa Education Watch
- About 80% of murder cases between 2000 and 2021 unresolved – Criminologist
Prof. Divine Ahadzie: Academic dilemma – to be in the media landscape or not to be?
Government requests new aircraft to better-execute Presidential trips
Finance Minister to appear in Parliament to answer to cost of Akufo-Addo’s alleged extravagant flights today
Our interest is to strengthen ties with Ghana – Kenyan MP
Minority accuses government of inflating cost of roads
2 persons shot by members of local mining taskforce at Adeiso in Eastern Region
Ras Mubarak, Okyem Aboagye clash over scrapping of MPs Common Fund
Akufo-Addo didn’t use presidential jet due to security, not because he couldn’t shower – Dominic Nitiwul
Luv FM High School Debate: Prempeh College dazzles through to semi-finals
CBOD meets Dangote Group for progress update on oil refinery project
Biden and Putin praise Geneva summit talks but discord remains
Dangote Refinery commended for focusing on production of cleaner fuels
Security on high alert in Upper East as police signal possible attack by Burkinabe bandits
Euros On MGL: Italy become first team to reach the knockout stage after Switzerland victory
Parliament approves Charles Adu Boahen, 11 Deputy Ministers