Branch executives of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Abuakwa North constituency are calling on the national executive council of the party to punish constituency executives frustrating parliamentary candidate aspirants.
According to the aggrieved branch executives, the constituency executives are supporting one of the aspirants and are thus frustrating the other aspirants.
This, they insist if not urgently addressed, will hamper the progress of the party and its quest to capture the seat from the New Patriotic Party.
In a press release issued on Wednesday, May 25, the branch executives have asked the national leadership to take action against the constituency executives.
“In conclusion, we are hereby humbly and respectfully requesting the Regional and National Executives to as a matter of urgency look into these issues and apply the necessary sanctions to these 5 executives.
“We are requesting that, these 5 executives should be made to step aside and not to be involved in anything to do with our parliamentary primary elections, since they have proven beyond all reasonable doubts, by their actions that they cannot be trusted to conduct a free ad fair election here.
“They have openly declared their support and loyalty to one candidate, Mr. Charles Yeboah (Ozey) and we believe they will do anything to skew the elections in his favour,” excerpts of the statement said.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- MASLOC supports complementary education agency in Yendi with logistics
- KGL Foundation, Ho Teaching Hospital join hands to save lives through blood donation drive
- Ukraine war: Fresh attacks on Kyiv after intense drone barrage
- Ghana Journalists Association inaugurates functional committees
- Nigeria swears in new president Bola Tinubu
- Until we receive our monies; we won’t cook – school feeding caterers
- Chelsea appoint Mauricio Pochettino as new head coach
- Strike still in force amid talks with government – JUSAG insists
- I either stay objective on Sarkodie issues or go silent – Kobby Kyei
- NPP flagbearership race: Supporters pick form for Dr Afriyie Akoto
- Yamoah Cadman wraps up 2023 NCAA-II outdoor season as All-American, other Ghanaians impress
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Ghana records 1,462 Covid-19 related deaths in three years
- Ken Addy worried live musical instruments will fade out