Member of Parliament for Mpraeso Constituency, David Ansah Opoku, has commissioned the newly-built astro-turf at Obomeng in the Eastern Region.
The FIFA standard astroturf with floodlights was initiated by David Ansah Opoku, supported by Ghana Gas, and constructed by Best Construction Company.
The Obomeng astroturf facility which is the first of its kind in the constituency according to the Member of Parliament is to help promote sports development in the constituency and region at large.
Ansah Opoku also gave Okwahu United a sum of GHS 50,000 as preparation money for the upcoming football season
“I have always been a promoter of sports development and tourism which is why it was necessary for us to build this facility. I don’t know how to play football, but I know it will help the budding talents in this constituency to get a place to train and play football,” he said.
“We hope that through this facility, we will get players in this constituency to play in the various national teams in the years to come.
“I also thank Ghana Gas for coming on board to help in building this facility after I knocked on their doors in 2021.”
Nana Antwi, the Chief Executive Officer of Best Constructions Company also urged the people of Obomeng to take good care of the facility and always keep it in good state.
“We told the people of Obomeng that we will build this facility in 18 months and we did just that. But we know most of the time we build the facility and they tend to blame us the contractors when the facility is not in good shape,” he added.
“I will urge the people of Obomeng to take good care of this astroturf because everyone present here today has seen the magnificent facility we have built for them.”
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black