MTN Ghana marked the 2021 edition of the International Women’s Day (IWD) with a virtual activity geared towards promoting Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) at the Workplace.
The interactive forum driven by the global IWD campaign #ChooseToChallenge, had over three hundred (300) staff participating.
The Chief Human Resource Officer of MTN Ghana, Amma Benneh-Amponsah, who led the conversation highlighted the progress of 2020 Diversity and Inclusion commitments made to employees as well as the Diversity and Inclusion priorities for 2021.
She said, the business has and continues to put together interventions that ensure that women live their full potentials as employees of the company.
Mrs Amma Benneh-Amponsah also used the opportunity to commend all women at MTN for their contribution to the success of the organization.
The event was also used to launch an inclusion-focused podcast dubbed the “Happiness Place Live Podcast”.
The Chief Executive Officer of MTN Ghana, Mr. Selorm Adadevoh performed the official launch.
Sharing ideas on thriving in positivity in a covid-19 era, four-member panellists comprising of two MTN Staff, Maame Acheampong and Peter Anani as well as two external guests, Dr Derek Oppong, a Clinical Psychologist and Kokui Selormey a renowned Media Personality and Advocate discussed the topic “Being 10% happier during a pandemic”.
Nana Amegashie, Senior Manager, Consumer Marketing and a ‘Women in Technology’ graduate at MTN moderated the discussion.
The session ended with great reviews from the staff.
The interactive podcast session will be hosted every last Thursday in a month and will be discussing interesting topics that will impact employee wellbeing.
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Akufo-Addo opens talks with transport operators over plans to increase fares
Brian Dzansi: Why Ghana needs an Innovation and Startup Act
GIBA joins calls for independent inquiry on Citi FM journalists’ alleged assault
Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
Stop showing local feature films on TV – Filmmakers told
NCCE sensitizes security services on constitutional obligations
Kwabre East MP commends Muslim for peaceful co-existence
Evangelist slapped with ¢100K fine, 25 white fowls, eggs over comments against Nungua Traditional Council
Mere apology cannot save GJA President this time around – ASEPA
Lack of external support hinders progress of ODF interventions in Ashanti Region
Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
Kojo Adaah: Is the Ghanaian politician under siege?
Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Be firm in your stance to settle Dixcove dispute – Chieftaincy Minister urges Ahanta King
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene