MTN Mobile Money Limited is said to have plans for an investment of one billion dollars in the maintenance of network leadership by 2025.
CEO of the Mobile Money Network, Mr. Eli Hini, who was addressing journalists at the 2022 Editors Forum, noted that the plan is part of activities to transform the network in support of Ghana’s digital drive by ensuring that rural telephony sites as well as network extensions are provided.
Mr Hini noted that they would be rolling out 400 new sites whiles 746 sites would be upgraded to 4G which would help provide good services to the customers.
He said there have been some challenges with network provision as a result of fiber cuts; a situation he said has been a worry to them.
“From January to May 2022, fiber cuts increased to 939 from 819 which means that there has been 11 percent traffic impact due to the cuts in 2022,” Mr. Hini said.
He said a total amount of GHC64,000,000 have been invested nationwide in sustainable community projects. These include 87 educational projects , 13 economic empowerment projects and four support initiatives.
Mr. Hini noted that, the company is strongly supporting government’s developmental projects in digital solutions like Girls in ICT Extended partnership, ICT Hub project, Accra Innovation City project, and Ghana CARES framework support.
He also noted that the company is improving customer experiences with the introduction of about 360 touch point serving as lite retail shops which he said is to give opportunities to their cherished customers to benefit from their support and service.
The 2022 Editors Furum was on the theme ”Building platforms to deliver a brighter future for Ghana and beyond.”
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Addis Ababa: Adom FM Editor Kwasi Agyeman invited to join APRM Communications Network
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- VP Bawumia named among 100 most influential Africans
- Appointment Committee approves 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- Maame Ekua Otenewa Oduro: The Russia-Ukraine war: A silver lining for Africa?
- Strengthen the statistical ecosystem – Prof. Annim to GSS Advisory Committee
- ‘Expedite action on land digitalisation process – Akufo-Addo charges Lands Commission
- Qatar 2022: We could have excelled if we knew each other – Salis Abdul Samed
- S&P downgrades Ghana’s long-term local currency bonds to “selective default”
- College of Physicians and Surgeons to undertake fellowship training programmes in regional hospitals
- Soya sector players call on government to appoint new leaders along value chain
- Phones in the right hand, books in the left – WASSCE vs mobile phones
- Salis Samed tips Kudus, Kamaldeen to lead Black Stars’ resurgence
- KSM urges government to seal financial loopholes and cut the number of ministers
- Don’t entertain unfaithfulness in your relationship – Counselor advises women