CEO of Quicktel Ventures Haruna Mohammed from Buipe in the Savannah Region has won the ultimate prize for this year’s Mobile Money (MoMo) Awards.
He received a 2020 Toyota Rush 4×4 as the winning prize during a special event held in Kumasi.
A total of 270 clients of MTN made up of merchants, agents and mobile agents received various prizes including mobile phones, tablets, laptops, television sets, motorbikes, and cash.
The awards ceremony which started in 2014 seeks to reward the agents and merchants for their loyalty and commitment towards the growth of the company.
General Manager for Mobile Money Limited, a Subsidiary of MTN Ghana, Eli Hini, said the company valued the contribution of the agents and would continue to recognize their efforts as a business.
“It is extremely important to us so to show appreciation to our agents who have worked so hard and have been with us since the beginning of the business (10 years last year).”
He acknowledged the impact MoMo agents and merchants have had on the growth of the financial service delivery in Ghana, their relentless efforts especially in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.
“During covid-19 it was tough, some of the areas went on lockdown but they showed a lot of resilient and commitment and continued to serve customers at a point in time they were those driving the financial services sector”.
The winner, Haruna Mohammed, who was lost for words thanked MTN for the recognition which he said would spur him to work extra hard in the years ahead.
Mr. Hini also entreated them to help MTN to clamp down on unscrupulous agents involved in fraudulent activities to clean the system for sustainable growth of the business.
He said it was important for them to do honest business and earn genuine commission rather than cutting corners for undeserved profit which could lead to the termination of their contracts.
He further entreated customers of MTN never to give out their pins under any circumstance.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Prince Philip’s cause of death has been confirmed
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Demolish structures along ‘Right Of Way’ for railway projects – Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West
National best maize farmer calls on government to develop agricultural policies
We must reassess the composition of NDPC – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
#FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
Akufo-Addo has the power to allow #FixTheCountry protest – Martin Kpebu
Koforidua GPRTU urges drivers to remain calm over fuel adjustment
Orthopedic Association of Ghana wants immediate action on road accidents in Ghana
2021 VGMA: I want Diana Hamilton to win Artiste of the Year – Eno Barony
Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
Tanzanian city ‘running low on condoms’
It will be hypocritical for Akufo-Addo to prosecute leaders of Christ Embassy’s ‘Pneumatica Night’ – Sammy Gyamfi
Galamsey has not stopped, it’s destroying us; Akufo-Addo must do better – Nhyiaeso MP
Champions League final: Fans should not travel to Turkey, says UK government