Musician Atongo Zimba says his new album titled A-Z is targeted at getting the attention of the youth to love and accept the kind of music he does.
The griot who launched his latest album A-Z in Brighton in the United Kingdom to jubilant fans told Ibrahim Ben-Bako of Joy entertainment that the album is to carry the youth to a different level.
“A-Z is to catch the young youth to a different level because I’m a little over 50 years and the music of my era is completely different, so I am trying to get the attention of the youth then I will go back to my roots that’s why I have two different albums done,” he said.
The ‘No Beer In Heaven’ hitmaker Atongo told Joy entertainment that he has two albums done and ready, ‘Smile’ and ‘A-Z’; however, due to his desire to get the attention of the youth, he decided to release the latter first.
“I came to Ghana to record my ‘Smile’ album but ended up recording A-Z; all two albums are ready, but we decided to release the latter first, and from the reaction of the crowd, it was the right thing to do.
Atongo, who released his new album A-Z under his newly signed record label Jinn Records, says this album, apart from getting him the attention of the youth, will also give him a huge acceptance and recognition in the United Kingdom.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation cards
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Akufo-Addo awards Emirates with Presidential Honour for Distinguished Service in fight against COVID-19
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- NYA lauds District Assembly Common Fund for role in Youth Resource Centres construction
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hint at audit
- I love listening to music more than recording – Kelvyn Boy
- Bring Mohammed Muntaka to book – NDC executives told
- Uganda Anti-Homosexuality bill: Life in prison for saying you’re gay
- Oforikrom Assembly signs MoU with Crops Research Institute to improve vegetable production
- Woman arrested for cooking after reopening of Kejetia Market
- Saudi government provides parcels to Muslims ahead of Ramadan
- African scientists urge governments to invest in appropriate regulatory mechanisms for biotech products
- NDC primaries: We need a people-centered leader in Ketu North – Edem Agbana
- Referee suspended for using spectator’s mobile phone to disallow goal
- NIB arrest some ECG IT personnel over recent prepaid vending challenges
- Vodafone cash and MobileMoney Limited partner to enable merchant interoperability