The Education Minister, Yaw Osei Adutwum, has debunked claims of enrolling his son in a private Senior High School (SHS).
Expressing his disappointment with the reportage, he noted that the purported allegation is a mere political game some individuals have employed to downplay the impact of government’s flagship Free Senior High School (SHS) policy.
The educationist, therefore, said the misleading claim should be treated with the contempt it deserves.
“I think politics has taken a new law, my son should never be part of my political career and secondly, I don’t have a son who is old enough to be in a senior high school,” he said.
His comment comes at the back of a report claiming that, the Minister for Education has enrolled his son into a private SHS due to challenges facing the programme.
Last week, the Ministry of Education and government’s flagship Free SHS policy came under scrutiny concerning some challenges in the implementation of the programme.
Stakeholders, including parents and school authorities, cited lack of accommodation facilities resulting in students sleeping on the floor, congestion in classrooms, inconvenience relating to erratic schedules for the double-track system, poor quality of food served to students, as some of the challenges confronting the smooth implementation of the Free SHS programme.
But, the Bosomtwe MP, addressing the media on Sunday, June 6, disclosed that his outfit is addressing the challenges faced in the education sector and assured of a robust education system that will stand the test of time.
Despite the challenges, Mr Adutwum added that, the country can boast of the best and quality public educational institutions.
“We have the best senior high schools in the public sector,” he stressed.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Beyoncé celebrates Blue Ivy after she takes stage at Renaissance world tour
- National Cathedral: Only $22.07m out of $58.14m has gone into actual construction – Ablakwa
- Agorkedzi: Another tidal waves destruction leaves one dead, many homeless
- Immediately transfer shares held by JOHL to GNPC – Minority to government
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Family of late Akwaboah Snr. holds one-week memorial
- POGA 1997 year group celebrates 25th anniversary
- Ghana International School poised to make an impact in Ghana and beyond – Principal discloses
- UNDP, Japan construct reference labs at Kotoka and other ports of entry
- Burning Issues: Pharmacist highlights effect of teenagers’ misuse of contraceptives
- Police Inspector charged with murder for shooting girlfriend to death in Kumasi
- Nana Frimpomaa Akosua Sarpong Kumankumah files to contest CPP flagbearer race
- CPP Flagbearership race: Onsy Nkrumah submits nomination form
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic sends message about Kosovo after opening win
- Betway GWPL leadership programme in-country session to be held 8th June