Audio By Carbonatix
An Accra Circuit Court will on March 25, start the trial of Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson, aka, Bulldog, who allegedly threatened President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in a video telecast on air.
Nana Ama Agyemang Mcbrown, an actress and hostess of a United Television programme upon which the infraction with the law occurred, is expected to mount the witness box as a prosecution witness, the Ghana News Agency has gathered.
Hanson, an Artiste Manager, is alleged to have said on that programme that “The President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo will not finish his four year term if he failed to pay customers of an alleged ponzo scheme by Menzgold.
Prosecution led by Chief Inspector Simon Apiorsornu, has retaken the plea of Hanson and re-read the facts of the case after amending the charge sheet and the facts.
Hanson has denied the charge of “Offensive conduct to breaches of the peace.”
The Court, presided over by Mrs. Evelyn Asamoah, admitted Hanson to his former bail of GH¢ 70,000.
Meanwhile the accused has been served with disclosures and all the documents prosecution intended to rely on.
This was after a case management conference had been conducted with accused and the prosecution, agreeing on timelines on which the case would be conducted.
The new facts as presented by prosecution were that the complainants in the case are citizens and regular viewers of UTV programme dubbed “United Showbiz,” hosted by Nana Ama Agyemang Mcbrown, which is live every Saturday between the hours of 9pm and 11pm.
The prosecution said on January 9, this year, the programme was aired on UTV as usual and the accused was one of the panelists who appeared on the show.
Chief Inspector Apiorsornu said during the programme, the issue of Menzgold was raised and Hanson quickly responded that “The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo will not finish his four year tenure if he failed to pay Menzgold customers.”
The Prosecution said on January 11, this year, the Police intercepted the said video recording on the face book page of UTV, which attracted many comments from viewers who watched and heard the accused making those “unguided” comments.
The prosecution said on January 12, this year, Hanson was handed over to the Police by the National Intelligence Bureau for investigations.
He said in the course of the investigations, the Police requested for the original video recording from UTV and it was played to the accused and he admitted having made those comments.
The Prosecution said the original video, which was in Twi and English language was forwarded to the Ghana Institute of Languages for transcription and same was transcribed into English language.
Latest Stories
-
Irresponsible mining: The land is not your own – Prof Mike Oquaye cautions
4 minutes -
62 Ghanaians killed, 15 missing in Russia-Ukraine war – Ablakwa
5 minutes -
GJA President urges responsible, sustainable mining
6 minutes -
Ghana must take charge of its mineral resources – Prof. Mike Oquaye
12 minutes -
KickedIn uses technology to connect African football talent with global opportunities
13 minutes -
GoldBod did not record GH¢22bn loss; audited accounts show GH¢5.44bn surplus – Institute of Fiscal Policy Governance
17 minutes -
Mining comes with responsibility to future generations – Ga Mantse
20 minutes -
Ga Mantse calls for measurable CSR and stronger local participation in mining communities
26 minutes -
Ga Mantse urges mining industry to protect communities beyond the life of mines
41 minutes -
Empowerher in Upper West region
1 hour -
Ga Mantse challenges mining stakeholders to consider long-term impact of Ghana’s mineral wealth
1 hour -
Afenyo-Markin accuses GoldBod of mismanaging Ghana’s gold resources
1 hour -
Non-interest banking products must meet required standards – BoG Governor to NIFAC
1 hour -
Social licence to mine can be withdrawn – Ga Mantse warns mining companies
1 hour -
X1 Energy Drink Division One Super Cup: Attram De Visser secure third place after late own goal
1 hour