Nana Yaw Sarpong Serebour has been adjudged best farmer at the 38th National Farmers’ Day celebrations.
The mixed crop and livestock farmer takes home GH₵1,000,000 and two night all-expense paid stay for two at the Peduase Valley Resort.
Mr Serebour owns about 900 acres of oil palm plantation, 65 acres of cocoa plantation, 36 acres of cowpea, 37 acres of cassava plantation, and also breeds cattle, sheep and goats in the Ashanti Region.
This year’s farmers’ day celebration was held at Koforidua Jubilee Park under the theme; ‘Accelerating agricultural development through value addition’.
Adjei Fosu Seth from Kintampo North closely followed Mr Serebour to emerge first runner up.
He went home with a tractor, trailer, ploughs, and sprayer.
The second runner-up went to Professor Akwasi Asabre Ameyaw from Techiman North in the Bono East region. He received a tractor with other Agricultural tools.
The national best female farmer went to Yaa Adjeley from Wassa. She received a cash prize of GHS100,000 and a study tour of Ghana.
The overall national best fisher went to Alex Cudjoe from Elmina in the Central region. He received a double cabin truck.
Christiana Modzifa from West Gonja was the first runner-up and received a modified tricycle, outboard motor, deep freezer and a 44-inch television.
Clement Addai Anokye from Kyebi came in as the second runner-up. He received a modified tricycle, outboard motor and a deep freezer.
Other winners included Joyce Dapaah who was crowned most enterprising female farmer, Peter Painstil as national most promising young cocoa farmer, and Bobie Akutusi as national best sheer nut picker.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder
- Is Iñaki Williams favourite to win LaLiga African MVP award?
- Woman arrested for enrolling as high school student
- Ukraine declares war on its other enemy, corruption
- Minority leadership reshuffle: Issue too delicate for Mahama to intervene – Lecturer
- Tyre Nichols: Biden urges calm ahead of police beating video release
- Australian Open: Novak Djokovic beats Tommy Paul, Tsitsipas sees off Khachanov