The Okyehene, Osagyefuo Amoatia Ofori Panin II has pleaded with Ghanaians to help build the National Cathedral.
According to him, this will avert any shame for the country and President Akufo-Addo.
“So I’m pleading with you all, let us not bring shame upon our country and the President, let us contribute to building the cathedral,” he said.
The Okyehene made the appeal when he addressed the Board of Trustees of the National Cathedral on Friday.
He urged the trustees to endeavour to complete the Cathedral to glorify God.
“He [Akufo-Addo] has to glorify the name of the Lord for how far He has brought him and build the cathedral to testify that he is grateful to God for making him President. There is no sweeter news than this. With the cathedral, there’ll be no need to travel to Israel, just in Accra, the cathedral will answer all your questions about Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth and everything.”
Since its inception, the National Cathedral project has been botched with controversies.
Individuals and civil society organisations have queried its relevance, especially in these times of economic crisis.
Government however remains resolved to see to the completion of the project.
Meanwhile, the Project has stalled due to a lack of funds, according to the Executive Director of the National Cathedral Secretariat.
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- Assin North MP case: Supreme Court veered off the real issue before them – Ayariga
- Rwandan President Kagame sacks military top brass
- Tunisian black women: ‘My skin colour says I don’t belong’
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- FDA engages market women on food safety
- Beware of the “I hate drama” guy who happens to have “crazy” exes
- Ibrahim Mahama donates 500 bags of cement to Presec 1998 year group
- My love-hate affair with “if he wanted to, he would”
- I didn’t get the protection I needed for my difficult job – Professor Frimpong-Boateng
- The perfect age to get married, according to Science
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- The tables will turn one day – Prof Frimpong-Boateng reminds those in power