Lakers forward, LeBron James has passed 38,000 NBA points in their loss to the 76ers. Only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has scored more points than LeBron James.
James scored the 38,000th point of his career with a jump shot in Sunday’s game with the 76ers. Prior to the game, he needed only 11 points to become only the second player to go beyond the 38k mark in the franchise. He scored 35.
Abdul-Jabbar scored 38,387 points in a career which saw him win six rings. James, with four, needs 363 points to surpass the record of the old-timer.
What does Kareem Abdul-Jabbar think?
On August 24, 2022, the NBA’s all-time scorer on ESPN’s SportsCenter indicated he will ‘try to be there’ for the moment James eventually broke the record.
James had managed 37,063 career points at the time, and less than a year later, is only 363 behind Abdul-Jabbar.
The four-time NBA champion’s two-year contract extension with the Lakers on August 18, 2022, meant James secured the chance to break the record in the same uniform Abdul-Jabbar wore when it was set.
“If LeBron breaks the record – and it looks like he has every reason to break it – I’ll be very happy for him. The game always improves when records like that are broken so LeBron should enjoy his achievement. He’s worked very hard to get this far and for him, he’ll get to wait and see who’ll be lucky enough to break his record – if that’s going to happen.
“It’s always about passing it on to the next guy in line. Well, if I’m still around, of course [I’ll be there when James breaks it]. So I’ll try and make it by the game and cheer him on. He certainly deserves every accolade that’s out there for him.”
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- The 3 MPs who missed out on voting during approval of ministerial nominees
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris
- T-bills auction: Government to borrow ¢1.34bn this week
- We’ll fish out our MPs who approved Akufo-Addo’s ministers – Joseph Yamin
- Cedi starts week on strong note; $1 now ¢12.25
- Women must be given more leadership roles – Kamala Harris
- Comprehensive gender policy needed to fight gender-based violence – EGDC boss
- Study in the Philippines
- ‘Dream with ambition, lead with conviction’ – Kamala Harris urges African youth
- German Municipal Assembly delegation pays visit to Ketu South municipality to discuss climate change partnership
- NCA’s Director for Finance Ebenezer Nartey wins Public Sector Finance Leader award
- Naming ceremony has been bastardized due to Urbanization – Ga Mashie Development Agency boss
- Ho Teaching Hospital, other health facilities owe ECG GH₵8.9 million
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Tems, Wizkid win at iHeart Radio Awards
- Speaker Alban Bagbin installed new sub-Chief of Awudome