The Los Angeles Lakers beat the Portland Trail Blazers 135-115 as they honoured the memory of former great Kobe Bryant in Orlando on Monday.
LeBron James scored 30 points for the Lakers who lead 3-1 in the first round of the Western Conference play-offs.
Bryant and his daughter Gianna were among nine people killed in a helicopter crash in January.
Monday was designated as ‘Mamba Day’ by the NBA because 24 and eight were Bryant’s two playing numbers.
“When I looked and saw (the score was) 24-8, I was like OK, he’s here in the building,” said James.
“I am proud of my team, the way we played. I am extremely blessed and honoured to continue to remember Kobe Bryant and Gigi Bryant and all the fallen people who were part of that tragic incident.”
The Lakers wore special black and yellow-trimmed ‘Black Mamba’ jerseys as they remembered Bryant who would have celebrated his 42nd birthday on Sunday.
The five-time NBA champion spent his entire career with the Lakers and is the only player in league history to have two jersey numbers retired with the same team after wearing both for a decade.
The Lakers can clinch the best-of-seven series with a win in game five on Wednesday.
In the Eastern Conference the Milwaukee Bucks beat Orlando Magic 121-106 to take a 3-1 series lead.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
- Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
Attacks on journalists: Seek help from international bodies if national agencies fail to address problem – Ken Ashigbey
Shun party politics at the workplace – Central Regional Minister
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin
US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA