Lakers forward, LeBron James has praised the contribution of shooting guard, Austin Reaves, after the Lakers secured a first-round win over the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 1 of their series.
The Lakers run out 128-112 winners over the Grizzlies, with a power fourth-quarter showing which saw them go on a 15-0 run. Guard, Reaves contributed nine of the 15 and ended the game with 23 points on his playoff debut.
In August 2021, Reaves signed a two-way contract with the LA franchise after going undrafted in the 2021 draft, before signing a standard NBA contract in September that same year.
“I knew from the first practice that he wasn’t going to be a two-way player for long,” LeBron said post-game of the Grizzlies win. “I know the type of players that fit with my game. I knew Austin would be that.”
Besides his 23 points, the second-year guard had four assists and three rebounds in 31 minutes, and in crunch time, a solo effort saw him knock down a clutch bucket with Reaves delivering a two word message: “I’m HIM!”
Post-game, he explained: “It’s a lot of emotions. You dream about being on a stage like this, it’s the playoffs. I got hot late and I had fun”.
Another player who had fun was forward, Rui Hachimura. The 6’8″ Japanese contributed 29 points on 11/14 FG and 6 rebounds in 30 minutes.
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo